Estimated Reading Time: <1
By Hadiza Saidu
Coconut oil is used in many natural beauty products and for good reasons too. It is naturally antifungal and antibacterial, it’s an excellent moisturizer, it can penetrate the hair better than other oil and the best part; it smells yummy.
Here are 10 completely natural tricks you can achieve with coconut oil;
1. As a body moisturizer: Recent animal and human study shows that when applied topically virgin coconut oil can speed up wound healing also effective in increasing hydration and reducing moisture loss in seriously dry skin.
2. As a deep-conditioner: Because of its deep penetration power, a honey and coconut deep conditioning will surely leave your hair and scalp moisturized and also prevent protein loss.
3. To shave the legs and under-arms: An inexpensive replacement for shaving cream. It’s natural anti-microbial nature gives a nice clean shave while leaving your legs or underarms smelling wonderful.
4. To soothe dry hands: Mix it with your hand cream for deep moisturizing and healthy shine.
5. In a luscious body scrub: Melt some coconut at a very low heat and pour over a desired amount of brown sugar. Stir well and add a few drops of your favourite essential oil or some vanilla extract. This DIY beauty secret is 2 in 1 as you can store a little as a lip scrub for dry chapped lips also.
6. As a cheekbone highlighter: A light sweep of a small amount of coconut oil on top of your make up gives your skin a natural glow. This is why most natural make up brand use coconut oil as a base ingredient in their formulas.
7. For a little rubdown: It is ideal as massage oil, its moisturizing, skin friendly and slippery.
8. To clean your face: Due to its antibacterial, antifungal and moisturizing nature, rub in a circular motion all over your face and neck giving yourself a massage while at it. Wash off with a good cleanser when you’re done.
9. To add shine: Smooth a tiny amount of coconut oil onto your hair ends for a shiny effect. Too much and you will end up with a greasy look.
10. To remove eye make-up: Put a little on a cotton ball and gently sweep over your eyes and under eyes as well. It easily breaks down waxy, inky eye make- up and also leaves the delicate eye area hydrated then proceed to wash the face .
- Of Oil wealth, Niger Delta Politicians & the Nigerian state
- COVID-19: WHO Suspends Hydrochloroquine Treatment Trials On Safety Concerns
- COVID-19: Anambra, Delta To Check Movement On Niger Bridge
- MURIC wants Northern governors sanctioned for flouting COVID-19 directives to pray at home during Eid al-fitr
- Nigeria’s Gross Domestic Product grew by 1.87% in Q1 – NBS
- Buhari says no development can be achieved without peace
- 229 more people test positive to COVID-19 in Nigeria, infection exceeds 8000
- Bandits displace over 600, mostly women and children in Katsina, Buhari’s home state
- Late Abba Kyari “fingered” in the ‘face-off’ between Abike Dabiri-Erewa and Minister Pantami -Read this Letter
- Parents Who Enroll Children Into Almajiri System May Go To Jail – El-Rufai