Estimated Reading Time: <1
Fashion designer and creative director of Balenciaga, Alexander Wang has ventured into furniture. The creative director, having worked with, friend and interior designer Ryan Korban for his New York apartment; has partnered with Italian label, Poltrona Frau to design a furniture collection, that will be available in stores, from February.
Having worked closely with Korban on the design of his flagship boutique and his own New York apartment, Wang became interested in furniture and credits iconic designers Karl Springer and Milo Baughman as inspiration for the three piece collection. Evocative of his usual street-infused luxury style, the collection has all the partsof a Wang hit. Almost two years in the making, the offering includes a brass-footed beanbag chair in black shearling, another version in leather, and a bar cabinet wrapped in black shagreen, opening up to brass shelving.
With a growing interest in interior design along with his ongoing Objects Collection, a furniture collection was his next foray. “[A beanbag] is banal, an everyday item, but I like to re-contextualize what is banal, what is luxurious,” Wang says of his creations.
Wang, known for his flexible, but daring feminine designs, is often mistaken to share family ties with fellow designer, Vera Wang. However, both are designers who share Asian ties, and have worked together, share no family ties.
- No better opportunity than now for all Christians to pray – Buhari’s Easter Message to Nigerians
- COVID-19: Health Minister says he is not aware if medical doctors in Nigeria are paid hazard allowance
- I never knew Nigeria’s healthcare infrastructure was in such bad state – Senior Nigerian Govt official says
- Lagos Govt denies relaxing lockdown in the state for Easter celebration
- Bauchi State governor, Senator Bala Mohammed tests negative for Coronavirus
- Lagos commissioner says government will soon commence search for COVID-19 patients in communities
- NCDC confirms 14 new COVID-19 cases in Nigeria
- COVID-19: Enahoro, Ali Get Presidential Pardon… 2,600 Inmates Freed
- Pharmacist Arrested For Raping A 12 Year Old Boy
- Court ask Naira Marley to shoot a video against the spread of COVID-19 pandemic – The Singer had said he didn’t believe in the virus