Estimated Reading Time: <1
By Anuoluwapo Adebayo
As we usher in the New Year, most of us would make resolutions; promising to break that habit or pick up a new one. For us Beauty addicts we may decide to try out a new product or be more diligent with our diet.
Whatever your resolution is, I’d say there is no better time to decide to be a more beautiful and healthy version of yourself. Don’t restrict yourself to the ‘box of New year resolutions’ because they tend to fly out of that box just a few days after the celebrations and hype of a new year has blown over!
Make conscious effort and remember it is a lifestyle you intend to adapt not a crash course in beauty and fitness.
Diet- It’s not about being skinny but healthy. Eat a balanced diet; this has overall effect on your skin, eyes, nails, scent and hair. Watch the amount of oil you consume; eat high quantity of fruits, vegetables, protein and fibre. And definitely drink more water than any other liquid.
Products- Use more natural products like Shea Butter, Coconut Oil, Carrots, Lemon, Honey etc. There are hardly any side effects to these; they actually work be it for hair growth or clear skin and importantly they are affordable. Read more on natural or mineral based products and find out how to use them to your benefit.
Fitness/Exercise – No one is asking that you start doing 2 hours on a treadmill or lifting 50kg weights; just start slowly, consistently and be determined to build capacity. Take a walk to the supermarket rather than drive; do 10 sit ups and after a few days increase the numbers.
Learn to substitute; make little changes like drink iced tea instead of a soda; use honey instead of sugar; eat an apple or grapes instead of candies; use lemons to clean your mouth instead of that whitening product that doesn’t work; take deep breathes instead of yelling; be thankful instead of complaining; act now instead of procrastinating; let go rather than hold on to hurt.
You may have heard it all before or wonder how all these have to do with being beautiful but remember that what is inside has the power to affect your outward appearance; you’ll most likely break out in spots when stressed out or won’t have time for your morning beauty regime if you have to constantly rush off to work because you procrastinated on an assignment the previous day.
Don’t be upset if your desired results are not instantaneous or just get back up if you fail a few times; with discipline and consistency you’ll notice that you’ve formed healthy habits and it’s not such a task anymore but most importantly you’ll see rewards like your skin is clear and has a natural glow, your teeth are whiter, your hair is softer and longer, you’re more confident, energetic, not moody and the compliments just keep pouring in!
Stay Beautiful and HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!
Send your beauty questions to email@example.com or @Anu_Chayil on Twitter
- Theophilus Oladipo: Nigeria must develop a legal framework against deceptive advertisement
- Breaking: UEFA to ban Man Utd, Real Madrid, other 10 teams from UCL
- Secessionists have three to four passports to run away when trouble starts – Lai Mohammad
- Breaking: An 18-seated bus has plunged into the Owena River in Ondo State
- David Hundeyin: Isa Ali Pantami – The Inside Story of Nigeria’s Minister of Communications & Digital Economy
- Buhari is tolerating the “rubbish” some civilian president did not take – Katsina Governor
- Mr Macaroni drags police to court over Lekki Toll Gate arrest
- Kalu Nwokoro Idika: Ebubeagu Security Network, Myth Or Reality?
- SERAP seeks probe of ‘missing N106bn In 149 MDAs in 2018’
- “You’re a pathetic fellow” – Former President Jonathan says Babangida Aliyu “will always remain at the back”