Estimated Reading Time: <1
Preservatives are effective, but there is one simpler way to keep your homemade beauty products viable and store for a longer duration: refrigeration. When you’re using fresh vegetables, fruits or any other perishable products, it’s important to keep the mixture refrigerated. Once again, it’s impossible to create a yogurt-and-fresh-apple cleanser that will remain fresh for weeks. Toss out the product if the mixture loses its texture or starts to smell bad.
If used correctly, homemade beauty products are safe, inexpensive alternatives to their store-bought counterparts. Remember to use the freshest ingredients possible, refrigerate everything and know when to toss out a shampoo, conditioner, lotion or cleanser.
Regular physical activity is crucial for women facing menopause. Consider what physical activity can do for you and how to apply fitness tips for menopause to your daily routine. Menopause is an important transition in a woman’s life. Use it as a reminder to take good care of yourself. Start by considering these fitness tips for menopause.
Why bother with fitness during menopause?
Whether you’ve exercised faithfully for years or you haven’t been active, physical activity during and after menopause offers many benefits. For example, regular physical activity can:
• Prevent weight gain. Women tend to lose muscle mass and gain abdominal fat around menopause. Even slight increases in physical activity can help prevent weight gain.
• Reduce the risk of breast cancer. Physical activity during and after menopause can help you lose excess weight or maintain a healthy weight, which might offer protection from breast cancer.
• Strengthen your bones. Physical activity can slow bone loss after menopause, which lowers the risk of fractures and osteoporosis.
• Reduce the risk of other diseases. Menopause weight gain can have serious implications for your health. Excess weight increases the risk of heart disease and type 2 diabetes. Regular physical activity can counter these risks.
• Boost your mood. Physical activity can improve your psychological health at any stage of life.
How does physical activity affect menopause signs and symptoms?
Physical activity isn’t a proven way to reduce menopausal symptoms, such as hot flashes and sleep disturbances. For some women, however, regular physical activity during and after menopause seems to relieve stress and improve quality of life.
For most healthy women, both aerobic activity and strength training are recommended.
• At least 150 minutes of moderate aerobic activity or 75 minutes of vigorous aerobic activity a week — preferably spread throughout the week
• Strength training exercises at least twice a week
For motivation, set realistic, achievable goals. Rather than vowing to exercise more, for example, commit to a daily 30-minute walk after dinner. Frequently update your goals. Teaming up with someone such as a partner, friend or neighbour can make a difference, too.
Remember, you don’t have to go to the gym to exercise. Many activities, such as dancing, gardening and other yard work, also can improve your health. Whatever physical activities you choose, take time to warm up and cool down safely.
- US Government probes Nigeria’s Akinwunmi Adesina at Africa Development Bank
- NDDC: Who Is Afraid Of The President’s Order For A Forensic Audit?
- 35 suspected cultists involved in recent killings in Calabar declared wanted
- Nnamdi Azikiwe University Teaching Hospital Records First Case Of COVID-19
- To mark Eid-El Fitr, Governor Ganduje of Kano frees 294 inmates
- Barely 3 days after it was streamed on Netflix, Living in Bondage tops all Nollywood movies on the streaming service
- In Enugu, Catholic Bishop chased out worshippers without face masks out of church
- We have no money to import food — Buhari begs farmers to increase cultivation
- PDP insists its candidate, Musa Wada, won the Governorship election, heads to appeal court
- Lagos Govt announce Closure of Marine Beach Bridge to vehicular movement – here’s why