Estimated Reading Time: <1
So much must have been said and heard about On Air Personality/TV Host, Toke Makinwa and her fitness instructor, lover-turned-husband, Maje Ayida.
Well, in a surprise move on the 15th day of January, 2014, they hit the registry to legalize their union quietly. Many have referred to their marriage as a ‘secret wedding’ but Toke has now revealed through her blog that she was as surprised as we all were.
Check out some of the wedding photos she shared and what she wrote below
On the 15th of January 2014, I got married to my lover and Best Friend. It was such an intimate event, I haven’t stopped apologising to family and friends who feel slighted that they could not attend. I really did not wish to keep it a secret, If anything we would have loved to have all our loved ones there with us but this was our registry and so much had happened between Maje and I in the last 3 months. Plus, it was such a huge surprise, I had no clue. I hate surprises but I must say, this one knocked me out of my elements because i usually suspect something is happening. Hehehehe! I am not fully over it yet.
Relationships are tough, people go through the ups and downs and we as a couple have had our share of that. Having a private moment was not to offend anyone, it was God’s appointed time and No, I am not pregnant. Lol. Having a baby is a precious gift from God and when that time is right, I am sure he will bless us with ours. Without boring you all, cos you mean so much to me, I have decided to share some of the pictures from the happiest day of my life.
Thank you all for your endless prayers, emails, calls and support. Our wedding dates (Engagement and Blessings) will be announced soonish.
- Buhari extends NCC boss, Danbatta’s tenure
- Police arrest Abuja lawyer defending women in a sexual assault case amidst national protest against sexual violence
- Appeal Court rules in favour of Audu Maikori, awards 10.5M in damages
- 3 Brothers Arrested For The Kidnap & Murder Of a 55 Year Old Mother In Abuja
- Covid-19: Kano commences house to house testing
- COVID-19 patients can now be discharged between 10 to 14 days – Ihekweazu
- Just In: Anambra State axis of the River Niger Bridge on fire
- AfDB bows to US pressure; authorises independent probe of Akinwumi Adesina
- COVID-19 Update: Total infections hit 11,516 as Nigeria records 350 new cases
- Senators visit Orji Uzo Kalu to celebrate his release from prison