Estimated Reading Time: <1
So much must have been said and heard about On Air Personality/TV Host, Toke Makinwa and her fitness instructor, lover-turned-husband, Maje Ayida.
Well, in a surprise move on the 15th day of January, 2014, they hit the registry to legalize their union quietly. Many have referred to their marriage as a ‘secret wedding’ but Toke has now revealed through her blog that she was as surprised as we all were.
Check out some of the wedding photos she shared and what she wrote below
On the 15th of January 2014, I got married to my lover and Best Friend. It was such an intimate event, I haven’t stopped apologising to family and friends who feel slighted that they could not attend. I really did not wish to keep it a secret, If anything we would have loved to have all our loved ones there with us but this was our registry and so much had happened between Maje and I in the last 3 months. Plus, it was such a huge surprise, I had no clue. I hate surprises but I must say, this one knocked me out of my elements because i usually suspect something is happening. Hehehehe! I am not fully over it yet.
Relationships are tough, people go through the ups and downs and we as a couple have had our share of that. Having a private moment was not to offend anyone, it was God’s appointed time and No, I am not pregnant. Lol. Having a baby is a precious gift from God and when that time is right, I am sure he will bless us with ours. Without boring you all, cos you mean so much to me, I have decided to share some of the pictures from the happiest day of my life.
Thank you all for your endless prayers, emails, calls and support. Our wedding dates (Engagement and Blessings) will be announced soonish.
- NASS legislative aides protest unpaid salary arrears
- Nigeria – An increasing number of measles cases in Borno
- Mariam Ileyemi: Fresh wave of religious crisis shouldn’t add to Nigeria’s many problems
- Police commend officers for rejecting N500,000 bribe
- Opinion: Yinka Odumakin, the storm is over!
- “Someone said I slept with the wife of the man who helped my career”, – Perruzi breaks silence
- USSD SAGA: Will the suffering of Nigerians ever end?
- CCT’s media officer who wrote the ‘Biafran Boys’ statement has been recalled
- New salary and welfare package for Judges in the works – Malami
- ‘Kaduna Government has no choice but to reduce the size of the public service’ – El Rufai