Estimated Reading Time: <1
Former Miss World, Agbani Darego, over the weekend, got married to Ishaya Danjuma, son of a former defense minister, Theophilus Danjuma.
The model and ex-beauty queen who was crowned Miss World in 2001 tied the knots on Saturday, April 8, 2017 with her longtime lover, Ishaya.
The former beauty queen shared the news on her Instagram page with the picture showing her in a wedding dress with her partner turning their backs to the camera at the wedding with the caption “08-04-2017, #Mrs. Danjuma”.
It is understood that the couple held the wedding ceremony in Marrakesh, Morocco over the weekend.
Agbani is best known as the first native African to win Miss World when she clinched the crown in 2001 at the age of 18 after she became the Most Beautiful Girl in Nigeria that same year.
A graduate of Psychology from New York University, Agbani became the first Nigerian to place among the top 10 semi-finalists, finishing seventh overall.
She has judged numerous pageants, and fashion and modeling competitions including Miss World 2014, Miss England 2002, Mr. Scotland 2002, and Elite Model Look Nigeria 2012 and 2014.
- Breaking: Armed security officials fire live bullets at thousands of #EndSARS protesters at Lekki toll gate in Lagos
- Flight operations at the Murtala Mohammed Airport suspended
- Nigerian senate asks Buhari to Immediately address citizens #EndSARS
- Breaking: IGP deploys anti-riot policemen nationwide
- Just In: All Progressives Congress leader wants court to shutdown twitter in Nigeria
- Tension as hoodlums set ablaze another police station in Lagos State
- Speaker Gbajabiamila says he will not sign the 2021 Appropriation Bill until … #EndSARS
- Breaking: Lagos Government declares curfew over #EndSARS protests
- Nigerian economy loses N700bn to #EndSARS protests in 12 days
- Just In: 8 killed, 7 others injured in a tanker explosion in Niger State