Estimated Reading Time: <1
Former Miss World, Agbani Darego, over the weekend, got married to Ishaya Danjuma, son of a former defense minister, Theophilus Danjuma.
The model and ex-beauty queen who was crowned Miss World in 2001 tied the knots on Saturday, April 8, 2017 with her longtime lover, Ishaya.
The former beauty queen shared the news on her Instagram page with the picture showing her in a wedding dress with her partner turning their backs to the camera at the wedding with the caption “08-04-2017, #Mrs. Danjuma”.
It is understood that the couple held the wedding ceremony in Marrakesh, Morocco over the weekend.
Agbani is best known as the first native African to win Miss World when she clinched the crown in 2001 at the age of 18 after she became the Most Beautiful Girl in Nigeria that same year.
A graduate of Psychology from New York University, Agbani became the first Nigerian to place among the top 10 semi-finalists, finishing seventh overall.
She has judged numerous pageants, and fashion and modeling competitions including Miss World 2014, Miss England 2002, Mr. Scotland 2002, and Elite Model Look Nigeria 2012 and 2014.
- Breaking: Nasarawa State Governor’s father hospitalised, governor’s residence, palace decontaminated
- Breaking: Video shows possible gory details of Policemen killed in Kogi bank robbery
- Covid 19: Refugee Commission and Sen Garba Mohammed’s selflessness during a global Pandemic
- Open Treasury: BudgIT identified faults, calls on government to fix it
- Activist Awosanya says advocacy efforts against Police brutality, other issues, yielding results
- Breaking: In Lagos; Worship centres to reopen June 19 – Says Governor Sanwo-Olu
- Two Chinese miners abducted in Ebonyi
- B/Haram: Top commanders, logistic routes destroyed but attacks on soft targets persist – Army
- COVID-19: Ebonyi orders testing and decontamination for budget ministries
- Nigerian Lawmakers reject castration as punishment for rapists