Estimated Reading Time: 2
Doyin Okupe, a former presidential media aide to ex-President Goodluck Jonathan, has claimed that his gay son, Bolu Okupe, is an instrument of God to transform the homosexual community.
Bolu had in January revealed that he is gay in an Instagram post. He was clad in a rainbow shorts and held a rainbow flag behind his body.
He then captioned the photo – “Yes, I’m gay”
Reacting to the declaration while speaking in an interview with VanguardLiveTV’s The Controversy on Wednesday, Doyin said the family had been aware of his son’s sexuality for long.
He said; “We’ve always known that Bolu was like that. He’s even much more than that. He’s incredible with what he does and capable of doing. All his other siblings are one but Bolu had designed his mind to never live in Nigeria.”
He continued that Bolu’s form of sexuality was enhanced by his exposure to European country’s culture for a long time.
“Unfortunately for me, his mother took him abroad very early. He did major parts of his secondary school in the United Kingdom.
“So, Bolu thinks he lives European (he’s my son) but his mind is European. I also know that he’s easily influenced by his environment. I know that for a fact because he came home one time for holiday, and this is the person that’s been questioning the Bible but all of a sudden, he’s on fire in terms of scripture having spent some months in Nigeria. His elder brother who is a pastor now helped him spiritually during that time.
“I made the greatest mistake to send him to France because that’s an extremely liberal society. So, the family had known that Bolu had that tendency.”
Homosexuality is regarded as a sin in Christianity, the religion of the Okupe family. Hence, the former presidential aide said that the family will keep on praying for Bolu and hope that he would eventually be God’s instrument to the queer community.
“The day I knew, I wept. (I) have gone past that. We’re just praying for him but I also know that, God’s ways are not our ways, and He knows the beginning from the end. Mark my words, he (Bolu) is on sojourn to the gay community in order to be an instrument of God to that community eventually. That’s what is going to happen by the grace of God.”
- How Nigerian lawyer, Adaeze Ikpema was allegedly murdered by her husband
- Police Inspector Fatally Injured While Repelling Multiple Kidnap Attacks in Abuja
- Insecurity: Nurses In Ogun State declare strike until ‘safety is guaranteed’
- NASS legislative aides protest unpaid salary arrears
- Nigeria – An increasing number of measles cases in Borno
- Mariam Ileyemi: Fresh wave of religious crisis shouldn’t add to Nigeria’s many problems
- Police commend officers for rejecting N500,000 bribe
- Opinion: Yinka Odumakin, the storm is over!
- “Someone said I slept with the wife of the man who helped my career”, – Perruzi breaks silence
- USSD SAGA: Will the suffering of Nigerians ever end?