Estimated Reading Time: <1
EgyptAir Flight 804 from Paris to Cairo disappeared from radar with 66 people on board, the airline said. Here’s what we know so far:
• The Airbus A320 was flying at 37,000 feet when it disappeared.
• Greek controllers tried to reach the plane 10 miles before it left the country’s airspace but received no response.
• The plane “swerved 90 degrees left and then 360 degrees to the right” before plunging into the Mediterranean, a Greek official says.
• The location of last contact was 173 miles (280 kilometers) from the Egyptian coast, the airline said.
• A distress signal was detected in the vicinity where the flight disappeared from radar 2 hours later, but it could have come from another vessel.
- Why we arrested Salihu Tanko-Yakasai – DSS Reveals
- Terrorists have resumed operations in Kagara, kill four
- PDP Condemns arrest of Salihu Tanko Yakasai, by the Department of State Services
- Group demands the release of Salihu Yakasai, abducted for criticising the President
- Abduction Scare: Kano State Governor orders the closure of four tertiary institutions in the state
- Northern Elders Forum says Nigerians have lost faith in the Federal Government
- Governor Ganduje has sacked Salihu Tanko Yakasai
- Police arrest Ogun deputy speaker for alleged assault
- Governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria, Godwin Emefiele says the naira has depreciated
- Breaking: Abducted Kagara Science College boys reportedly Released