Estimated Reading Time: <1
The rescued Chibok school girl, Amina Ali, was airlifted by Nigeria Air Force Super Puma aircraft from Damboa to Maiduguri alongside her baby and supposed husband, Mohammed Hayatu.
Colonel Sani Kukasheka Usman , Acting Director Army Public Relations says Prior to that they were examined at Air Force medical facility and were found to be stable and normal blood pressure was observed. Thereafter, she was released to the Operation LAFIYA DOLE headquarters for further investigation and handing over.
“After preliminary investigation, the rescued girl and her baby has been handed over to Borno State Governor, His Excellency, Honourable Kashim Shetima, at Government house, Maiduguri this evening by the Acting General Officer Commanding 7 Division, Brigadier General Victor Ezugwu in a brief ceremony.
It is believed that she will be brought to Abuja tomorrow along with her parents to meet with Mr President, the statement added.
Meanwhile, the supposed husband is undergoing further investigation at Joint Intelligence Centre. It should be noted that Mohammed Hayatu is well treated in line with Operation LAFIYA DOLE Rules of Engagement regarding insurgents who voluntarily surrender to the military.
- Drama as NDDC management walk out on House Of Reps committee members
- Senate approves N168.8 billion 2020 Budget For FIRS
- APC names Yahaya Bello as panel chairman of Ondo State Governorship Primary Election
- Armed police surround former NDDC MD Joi Nunieh’s residence
- Femi Gbajabiamila speaks on NDDC corruption investigations
- Federal government closes deal on N43bn Ibadan dry port
- FEC approves revised 2021-2023 MTEF/FSP
- Crude Oil gains despite demand, supply worries
- Cheta Nwanze: Let Magu be, Nigeria is a country where irony comes to die
- Ugep to stage anti-cultism, anti-violence rally July 22