Estimated Reading Time: <1
Kano Police commissioner, Adenrele Shinaba
Six persons, including three policemen, were killed in a suspected Boko Haram suicide attack at the Magasurku Filling petrol station in northern Nigeria’s biggest city, Kano, police said on Friday.
“A man driving a Toyota Sienna drove into the filling station as if he was going to buy fuel. The vehicle exploded causing six deaths, including three policemen,” the Kano state police commissioner Adelenre Shinaba told reporters.
“It is obviously a suicide attack,” he said of the blast in the Hotoro area of the city and blamed “the terrorists we’ve been battling”, referring to Boko Haram Islamists.
- Chairman of Taraba State LGA, Hon. Salihu Dovo, has been killed by his abductors
- Nigerian Police vows action against those behind the recent violence and ethnic tension Oyo state
- Attahiru M. Jega: Restructuring in Nigeria: Why? How? When?
- It makes no sense for cows to roam the streets in 2021 – Adamu Garba of twitter declares
- Buhari’s government has been very disappointing – Former INEC Chairman, Atthairu Jega fumes
- Social Media for Activism: How a Nigerian Law school Student is using Twitter to raise awareness on misogynistic laws #everydayfeminism
- Come back with laptops, Ipad, smartphones for e-learning – UNICAL to returning students
- Oyo Insecurity: Makinde, IGP to meet with Ibarapa community
- “For people stoking ethnic tension” – Olubadan calls for peace between Fulani and Yoruba residents
- PDP rejects former speaker Dogara, insists he is not part of the party