Estimated Reading Time: 1
The President Muhammadu Buhari on Friday left Abuja for his hometown, Daura in Katsina State.
He will be away from the seat of power for one week in what the Presidency described as a “private visit.”
His Senior Special Assistant on Media and Publicity, Garba Shehu, in a statement titled “President Buhari in Daura on week-long private visit” said Buhari will undertake private engagements while in Daura.
The presidential aide added that the President will also participate in the next Wednesday’s virtual meeting of the Federal Executive Council from his hometown.
The statement read, “President Muhammadu Buhari is in Daura, Katsina State for a week-long private visit.
“The aircraft carrying the President from Abuja landed at 4:45pm on Friday at the Umaru Musa Yar’Adua International Airport in Katsina where he was received by the Governor, Aminu Bello Masari, his deputy, Mannir Yakubu, senior government officials and the heads of security agencies in the state.
“In Daura to receive President Buhari at the helipad were the Emir, His Highness Alhaji Umar Faruk Umar, leading the members of the Emirate Council and a parade of colourful horse riders and courtiers.
“Shortly upon disembarkment, the President received the gift of a horse and a decorated sword in his capacity as Bayajiddan Daura from the Emir.
“While in Daura, President Buhari will carry out a number of private engagements but is expected to participate virtually in the meeting of the Federal Executive Council on Wednesday, to be presided over by the Vice President, Professor Yemi Osinbajo, SAN.
“The President last visited his hometown in December 2019, having stayed away largely due to the global COVID-19 situation.”
- Ayodele Fayose allege irregularities in the recently conducted South-West Congress of the PDP, describing the exercise as a “scam”
- Buhari appoints First Lady’s biographer as Nigeria’s ambassador to UNESCO
- Lady rejects marriage proposal over insult to political father, Kwankwaso
- 24 hours after arrest, Okorocha remains in EFCC custody
- ‘It Is Not True’ Federal Government denies Obaseki’s allegation of printing N60Billion
- #SaabGate: Omojuwa accuses Ezekwesili of betrayal
- 2023: ‘The president should come from south-east’ says Osita Chidoka
- Just in: Colonel Ahmed Usman, former Military Administrator, is dead
- JAMB cancels email requirement for registration, announces new guidelines
- Zamfara First Lady appoints 20 Miyetti Allah members as special assistants