Estimated Reading Time: 1
Two persons have been killed and others injured in multiple accidents in Lagos. The accidents, witnesses said, occurred at Al-Moruf Bus Stop in Iyana-Ipaja along the Lagos-Abeokuta Expressway Sunday evening.
According to multiple accounts, a truck laden with beer bottles collided with a bus full of worshippers of a Pentecostal church before tumbling on a car.
Most of the bottles were said to have fallen off the truck, shattering on the road and spilling the drinks.
Eyewitness say, those who died included a man and a baby. The Lagos State Emergency Management Agency (LASEMA) said two male adults died.
LASEMA’s Director General, Dr. Femi Oke-Osanyintolu said: “Upon arrival of the agency’s officials at the incident scene, a multiple vehicular accident involving three cars and a truck conveying alcoholic drinks was discovered. The truck had fallen on its side spilling its contents (crates of beer).
“The agency’s heavy equipment has been activated for the recovery operation.
“Two adult males unfortunately lost their lives in the accident. Their remains were recovered from the wreckage and handed over to authorities for transport to the mortuary.
“The other affected vehicles have been recovered from the carriage way to a lay-by with the use of light tow truck in order to ease traffic pressure.
“Operation is ongoing as the responders are awaiting the agency’s heavy duty equipment and officials of LAWMA to clear the waste off the road.”
kindly donate to the work we do using our interim PAYPAL https://www.paypal.me/NewsWireNGR
- Nyesom Wike has donated N500 million to Sokoto to support the rebuilding of central market
- Miyetti Allah Cattle Breeders insists herdsmen are peaceful
- Afenifere says Buhari government represents only Fulani interests
- Fulanis should stay, Akeredolu has no power to deny them the right to live in Ondo – Northern Elders Forum
- Joe Biden has been sworn in as the 46th president of the United States
- FEC approves 65 years as new retirement age for teachers
- President Buhari presides over first FEC meeting of 2021
- Teachers violating COVID-19 guidelines in Abuja will be arrested and Prosecuted – Task Force
- ‘Have a good life, see you soon’ Trump says as he bows out of White House
- LAUTECH: Oyo Government approves N8Billion payment to Osun Government