Estimated Reading Time: 1
At least 7 persons were killed when suspected Boko Haram insurgents attacked a remote village in Chibok local government area of Borno State on Sunday morning, sources said.
DailyTrust Newspaper reports that the invaders stormed the remote village of Takulashe Chibok LGA at exactly 9 am and rain bullets on innocent civilians.
According to a member of Civilian Joint Task Force, Ishaiku Musa who participated in the evacuation process, seven dead bodies have been so far been evacuated from the village adding that search and rescue were ongoing.
Another CJTF source from Hirpaya village claimed that the terrorists looted and carted away foodstuff after they had killed helpless villagers.
He noted that both the CJTF and vigilantes engaged the insurgents but were overpowered saying “many are still missing after the attacks that lasted for about three hours.”
kindly donate to the work we do using our interim PAYPAL https://www.paypal.me/NewsWireNGR
- FEC approves 65 years as new retirement age for teachers
- President Buhari presides over first FEC meeting of 2021
- Teachers violating COVID-19 guidelines in Abuja will be arrested and Prosecuted – Task Force
- ‘Have a good life, see you soon’ Trump says as he bows out of White House
- LAUTECH: Oyo Government approves N8Billion payment to Osun Government
- Fredrick Nwabufo: I’m a ‘herdsman’ — all herdsmen are not bandits
- COVID-19: Federal Government says ultra chain cold facility ready for vaccine storage
- Ondo Govt says Presidency backing criminal elements masquerading as herdsmen
- Like Trump, Buhari will be remembered for failure – Fayose
- Civil servants in Rivers State begin work from home