Estimated Reading Time: <1
Early monday morning, protesters demanding the release of Nnamdi Kau have taken over the Enugu Police Station according to reports by residents.
The CPS Enugu( Enugu Central Police Station) the entrance have been taken over and barricaded by thousands of Angry Protesters chanting Anti Buhari and Nigeria songs.
NAH HOW MANY BIAFRANS BUHARI GO KILL ,OOOOH HE GO KILL US TIRE EEEH HE GO KILL US TIRE..
Meanwhile, Nnamdi Kanu’s lawyer, Vincent Obetta said his client has met the bail conditions.
According to him, ”I got a call from Police authorities asking why my client should call people out on the streets for demonstration. This is happening in spite of four court orders I have secured and served to DSS instructing them to release my client who was granted bail since October 19.
“DSS has not given any reason for his continued detention. We have fulfilled his bail conditions. To worsen the matter,he is being detained in DSS facility instead of prison custody with access to his lawyer and personal physician. Nnamdi is being detained by an executive order. Its is a clash between judiciary and executive.
“I have not seen or heard any place where a court grants bail and the person is not released. Under UN and Africa charter, it is enshrined that once bail is granted, you release the person upon meeting the bail conditions. We are sliding to days of Decree 2 and 4 of 1984. This is pure dictatorship.”
- Multinational Joint Task Force says Boko Haram is now recruiting child soldiers
- Court adjourns trial of Former AGF Mohammed Adoke, Abubakar
- Multiple port charges escalate cargo delay at terminals – NAGAFF
- How my pastor trafficked me to Russia for prostitution; A hair stylist’s harrowing experience highlights Nigeria’s human trafficking problem
- Breaking: NBC fines Nigeria Info FM N5m over Obadiah Mailaifa interview
- Magu’s lawyer writes probe panel, alleges ‘secrecy’ and violation of rights
- We raised hate speech fine to N5 million because when it was N500,000 people were reckless – Lai Mohammed
- Ooni Of Ife wants #BBNaija reality show replaced
- Police arraign two brothers over Flying Officer Tolu Arotile’s death
- Squeeze out old politicians who want to remain in power perpetually Obasanjo tells Youths