Estimated Reading Time: <1
Reports have it that 46-years-old Italian diplomat, Daniele Bosio has been arrested in the Philippines over allegations of Child trafficking. This disclosure was made by Police on Monday. Bosio was detained on Saturday after a tip-off by a child welfare group that the diplomat was spotted alone in Laguna, South of Manila with three young boys from the capital aged 9, 10, and 12.
According to a Regional Police Director, Chief Superintendent Jesus Gatchalian, Italian Embassy officials in Manila have visited Bosio in detention.
Gatchalian also revealed investigations are underway to ascertain how Bosio who is attached to the Italian embassy in Turkmenistan had arrived in Philippines with three boys and how he got to know the boys
“Bosio is a diplomat but he is not assigned here in Manila, so we are wondering what he is doing here,” he said.
At the time of this report, there was no official statement from the Italian authorities.
- Yoweri Museveni sworn in for sixth term as Ugandan president
- Governor Uzodinma dissolves Imo State Executive Council
- Police officer killed as gunmen attack Akwa Ibom police stations
- Blackout as National grid suffer another system collapse
- We must build a better Nigeria – Tinubu says in Eid message
- ‘We must resist the temptation to retreat into our communities’ – President Buhari
- Agip shuts down Idu Well 11 in Bayelsa
- ‘We recovered $153 Million, 80 houses from Diezani’ – EFCC reveals
- Arson: NDLEA office in Abia have been burned
- Nollywood actor defends alleged child molester Baba Ijesha; leads protest at Panti