Estimated Reading Time: <1
The National Control Centre of the Power Holding Company of Nigeria in Osogbo, Osun state was gutted by fire in the early hours of Friday.
Reports have it that the inferno which begun around 3 am on Friday arose from a problematic transformer.
At about 7am, fire fighters were still seen trying to quench the fire which was eventually contained around 9am. Vehicular and pedestrian traffic was being effectively co-managed by members of the Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps, soldiers and staff of the Federal Road Safety Commission.
The Deputy Governor of Osun State, Mrs. Titi Laoye-Tomori has already visited the place and it is expected that the inferno will throw into the environment into darkness
- Former Senate President, Bukola Saraki express concern over the silence of “leaders” over tensions in Ondo and Oyo
- Chairman of Taraba State LGA, Hon. Salihu Dovo, has been killed by his abductors
- Nigerian Police vows action against those behind the recent violence and ethnic tension Oyo state
- Attahiru M. Jega: Restructuring in Nigeria: Why? How? When?
- It makes no sense for cows to roam the streets in 2021 – Adamu Garba of twitter declares
- Buhari’s government has been very disappointing – Former INEC Chairman, Atthairu Jega fumes
- Social Media for Activism: How a Nigerian Law school Student is using Twitter to raise awareness on misogynistic laws #everydayfeminism
- Come back with laptops, Ipad, smartphones for e-learning – UNICAL to returning students
- Oyo Insecurity: Makinde, IGP to meet with Ibarapa community
- “For people stoking ethnic tension” – Olubadan calls for peace between Fulani and Yoruba residents