Estimated Reading Time: <1
The Nigerian Army through a statement by its Director Defence Information, Major General Chris Olukolade has revealed that Nigerian security forces operating with the Multi-National Joint Task Force (MNJTF) yesterday repelled a dusk attack by terrorists in their bid to overrun markets in communities in the outskirts of Monguno and NNPC at New Marte, Borno State along Chadian border.
Over 50 assorted brands of grenades and 11 AK 47 rifles were recovered from the fleeing terrorists. Cordon and search operations are ongoing at the general area while heightened patrols are continuing.
Meanwhile, the Nigerian Army has announced that interrogation of captured terrorists from various locations has been yielding useful information as to their mode of operations. Among those in custody is a lead specialist in butchering human beings who insists he does not use firearms but daggers and cutlasses for his assignment.
More assaults and encounters are continuing in other identified locations as intelligence sources confirm the routes being used by the fleeing terrorists. Troops have been directed to sustain aggressive patrols in certain areas where terrorists’ actions are anticipated.
- Rochas Okorocha says he only honoured EFCC Invitation and not arrested
- EFCC arrests Senator Rochas Okorocha
- #EndSARS: Nigerians react as Canada rejects asylum application of ex-SARS officer
- How Nigerian lawyer, Adaeze Ikpema was allegedly murdered by her husband
- Justice Aisha Bashir-Aliyu becomes Nassarawa’s first female chief Judge
- Police Inspector Fatally Injured While Repelling Multiple Kidnap Attacks in Abuja
- Insecurity: Nurses In Ogun State declare strike until ‘safety is guaranteed’
- NASS legislative aides protest unpaid salary arrears
- Nigeria – An increasing number of measles cases in Borno
- Mariam Ileyemi: Fresh wave of religious crisis shouldn’t add to Nigeria’s many problems