Estimated Reading Time: <1
The Anambra State Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Prince Ken Emeakayi who was kidnapped 48 hours ago has been released by his abductors. An undisclosed fee was paid for ransome.
Emeakayi, who was freed on Tuesday night said his captors were instructed to assassinate him but divine intervention saved his life.
“On Sunday, the first day of December, 2013, I was on my way to Awka from Ihiala my local government when on reaching Anyasoijiji, a junction between Agulu and Nise on that Agukwunri junction, one RAV4 SUV overtook my car and blocked me and about four young men inside the vehicle, well-armed with weapons opened fire on me and my vehicle.
“After some minutes of steady firing, one of them pulled me out of the vehicle and blindfolded me and pushed me into their waiting RAV4 vehicle and took me away to an unknown destination”.
Emeakayi revealed that they then trekked ti a river bank he could not recognize, then his blindfold was removed. He is of the belief his kidnap was political based on what he heard from his abductors
- COVID-19 lockdown: Over 24,000 children have not returned to school – Sanwo-Olu
- Tambuwal appoints committee to investigate Sokoto central market fire
- Anambra Governorship election to hold November 6 – INEC
- Vice-President Yemi Osinbajo flags off N5,000 cash transfer to low-income earners in urban areas
- Arewa Youth Leader says Northern Nigeria is the most backward region despite having the president
- Borno Governor asks Federal Character Commission for more employment slots
- Buhari appoints Nigeria’s first female ambassador to the United States
- Motorcycle riders are working as spies for kidnappers – Amotekun says
- Where will herdsmen graze if they leave the forest reserves? – Miiyetti Allah queries Akeredolu’s vacation order
- Kukah gets international recognition with appointment by Pope Francis