Estimated Reading Time: <1
The Anambra State Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Prince Ken Emeakayi who was kidnapped 48 hours ago has been released by his abductors. An undisclosed fee was paid for ransome.
Emeakayi, who was freed on Tuesday night said his captors were instructed to assassinate him but divine intervention saved his life.
“On Sunday, the first day of December, 2013, I was on my way to Awka from Ihiala my local government when on reaching Anyasoijiji, a junction between Agulu and Nise on that Agukwunri junction, one RAV4 SUV overtook my car and blocked me and about four young men inside the vehicle, well-armed with weapons opened fire on me and my vehicle.
“After some minutes of steady firing, one of them pulled me out of the vehicle and blindfolded me and pushed me into their waiting RAV4 vehicle and took me away to an unknown destination”.
Emeakayi revealed that they then trekked ti a river bank he could not recognize, then his blindfold was removed. He is of the belief his kidnap was political based on what he heard from his abductors
- Was Nigeria’s finance minister ignorant? or lying? – CBN Governor Emefiele says Printing money is a cardinal job of the lenders
- Helen McCrory, star of Peaky Blinders, dies aged 52
- German govt ignores Nigeria, picks Ghana to establish West African center for global health
- Cheta Nwanze: Security, civic space and the media
- DSS claims to have uncovered plans by IPOB to Bomb banks in South-East
- ‘Bandits are threatening to marry our girls’ Parents of abducted Kaduna students cry out
- Local Government workers block convoy of Nasarawa Deputy Governor
- Adaora Okoye: Unravelling myths surrounding women in leadership in Nigeria
- JUSUN sets April 19 for nationwide peaceful protest
- IGR for Nigerian states drops to a new low – NBS Report