Estimated Reading Time: <1
The Confederation of African Football (CAF) yesterday crowned Ivory Coast midfielder, Yaya Toure as African Player of the Year 2013. He beat Nigeria’s John Mikel Obi and Didier Drogba of Cote d’Ivoire.
Toure has now won the award three consecutive times.
The awards went down on Thursday evening January 9th 2014 at Eko Hotel and Suites Victoria Island, Lagos.
The award showo-hosted had musical performances by Africa’s top singers including D’banj, Lagbaja, Flavour, Psquare, and Lira.
The winners are:
National Team of the Year: Super Eagles of Nigeria
Youth National Team of the Year: Golden Eaglets of Nigeria
Club of the Year: Al Ahly
Fair Play Awards: Nigeria Supporters Club
Coach of the Year: Stephen Keshi
Most Promising Talent: Kelechi Iheanacho
Referee of the Year: Haimoudi Djamel
CAF Legends – Late Bruno Metsu & Jose Mehdi Faria
African Player of the Year (Africa based): Mohamed Aboutreika
African Player of the Year: Yaya Toure
Platinum Award goes to President Goodluck Jonathan
Africa XI – Enyeama. Fathi. Benatia. Constant. Mikel. Yaya. Aboutreika. Pitroipa. Emenike. Gyan. Aubameyang. Coach: Keshi
- Nigeria Centre for Disease Control announce 22 new COVID-19 cases
- Enforced COVID-19 Donations May Betray Ugly Truth About Nigerian Government’s Crisis Handling
- Breaking: 15-man Chinese Medical Team of Doctors arrive in Nigeria
- Just In: Bernie Sanders Drops Out of US Presidential Race
- Breaking: Federal Government of Nigeria slashes 2020 budget
- Just In: 27 Quarantined In Niger State Over Coronavirus
- Breaking: Office of the Accountant General of the Federation on Fire
- Lagos Govt withdraws charges against Naira Marley & former Guber aspirant who attended Funke Akindele’s Party
- Breaking: Nigeria Records Another COVID-19 Death
- Katsina Relaxes Social Distancing Rules; Lifts Ban On Friday Prayers