Estimated Reading Time: 1
Nigerian footballer, Kelechi Iheanacho has been named?0 the best English Premier League player for the month of March.
The 24-year-old striker had a sensational run of games in the month of he scored five goals in three league appearances for Leicester City.
He also scored in three consecutive Premier League games for the first time in his career, finding the net at Burnley and Brighton before rounding off the month with a superb first Premier League hat-trick against Sheffield United at the KingPower.
Iheanacho clinched the award ahead of other EPL stars like Chelsea defender Andreas Christensen, Tottenham striker Harry Kane, West Ham’s Jesse Lingard, Manchester City’s Riyad Mahrez, Leeds goalkeeper Illan Meslier, Manchester United defender Luke Shaw and Brighton’s Leandro Trossard.
He is the fourth Nigerian footballer to win the award after Jay Jay Okocha, Peter Odemwingie and Odion Ighalo.
Speaking to Leicester’s official website after clinching the award, Iheanacho fondly called Seniorman or Senior Kelz said he was elated to land the gong.
“I’m so pleased and honoured to win this award,” he said.
“I’m really enjoying playing at the minute and hopefully I can push on and help the team to finish as high as possible this season.”
Having helped Nigeria qualify for the 2021 Africa Cup of Nations qualification, Iheanacho is getting ready to continue his scintillating form in the EPL.
- #EndSARS: Nigerians react as Canada rejects asylum application of ex-SARS officer
- How Nigerian lawyer, Adaeze Ikpema was allegedly murdered by her husband
- Police Inspector Fatally Injured While Repelling Multiple Kidnap Attacks in Abuja
- Insecurity: Nurses In Ogun State declare strike until ‘safety is guaranteed’
- NASS legislative aides protest unpaid salary arrears
- Nigeria – An increasing number of measles cases in Borno
- Mariam Ileyemi: Fresh wave of religious crisis shouldn’t add to Nigeria’s many problems
- Police commend officers for rejecting N500,000 bribe
- Opinion: Yinka Odumakin, the storm is over!
- “Someone said I slept with the wife of the man who helped my career”, – Perruzi breaks silence