Estimated Reading Time: <1
The Confederation of African Football (CAF) yesterday crowned Ivory Coast midfielder, Yaya Toure as African Player of the Year 2013. He beat Nigeria’s John Mikel Obi and Didier Drogba of Cote d’Ivoire.
Toure has now won the award three consecutive times.
The awards went down on Thursday evening January 9th 2014 at Eko Hotel and Suites Victoria Island, Lagos.
The award showo-hosted had musical performances by Africa’s top singers including D’banj, Lagbaja, Flavour, Psquare, and Lira.
The winners are:
National Team of the Year: Super Eagles of Nigeria
Youth National Team of the Year: Golden Eaglets of Nigeria
Club of the Year: Al Ahly
Fair Play Awards: Nigeria Supporters Club
Coach of the Year: Stephen Keshi
Most Promising Talent: Kelechi Iheanacho
Referee of the Year: Haimoudi Djamel
CAF Legends – Late Bruno Metsu & Jose Mehdi Faria
African Player of the Year (Africa based): Mohamed Aboutreika
African Player of the Year: Yaya Toure
Platinum Award goes to President Goodluck Jonathan
Africa XI – Enyeama. Fathi. Benatia. Constant. Mikel. Yaya. Aboutreika. Pitroipa. Emenike. Gyan. Aubameyang. Coach: Keshi
- NDLEA to test students, corps members, security agencies
- COVID-19: FG extends partial lockdown by a month
- Just In: Imo State Governor declares curfew in Orlu
- South-West Governors ban all forms of open grazing in the region
- Pregnant woman killed by bandits in Chikun Local Government Area of Kaduna State
- Cross River, EU destroy arms surrendered by militants in the state
- State Governors meet with Miyetti Allah in Akure; here are some of the resolutions reached
- Filmmakers should collect permit to avoid harassment – Sanwo-Olu
- Federal Government is insincere with the handling of herdsmen crisis – Bamikole Omisore
- How I lost my wife, 4 children to Flood – 50-year-old man narrates in new CDD documentary