Estimated Reading Time: <1
The Confederation of African Football (CAF) yesterday crowned Ivory Coast midfielder, Yaya Toure as African Player of the Year 2013. He beat Nigeria’s John Mikel Obi and Didier Drogba of Cote d’Ivoire.
Toure has now won the award three consecutive times.
The awards went down on Thursday evening January 9th 2014 at Eko Hotel and Suites Victoria Island, Lagos.
The award showo-hosted had musical performances by Africa’s top singers including D’banj, Lagbaja, Flavour, Psquare, and Lira.
The winners are:
National Team of the Year: Super Eagles of Nigeria
Youth National Team of the Year: Golden Eaglets of Nigeria
Club of the Year: Al Ahly
Fair Play Awards: Nigeria Supporters Club
Coach of the Year: Stephen Keshi
Most Promising Talent: Kelechi Iheanacho
Referee of the Year: Haimoudi Djamel
CAF Legends – Late Bruno Metsu & Jose Mehdi Faria
African Player of the Year (Africa based): Mohamed Aboutreika
African Player of the Year: Yaya Toure
Platinum Award goes to President Goodluck Jonathan
Africa XI – Enyeama. Fathi. Benatia. Constant. Mikel. Yaya. Aboutreika. Pitroipa. Emenike. Gyan. Aubameyang. Coach: Keshi
- Bandits attack military camp in Niger State
- We ignored calls for Pantami’s resignation at the FEC meeting – Lai Mohammed
- 23 year-old comedienne, Ada Jesus is dead
- Senate approves fresh $1.5billions, €995millions loans for Federal, State Governments
- Just In: “They attacked the community and burnt their food stores” – Bandits are currently attacking villages in Zamfara State
- Breaking: House of reps minority leader calls for Isa Pantami’s sack
- Retail giant, Amazon, to set up South African headquarters – 5,239 jobs will be created in the construction phase alone
- IGP withdraws senior police officers from EFCC
- Nigerian Government expresses concern over developments in Chad
- Update: Police confirm attack on Greenfield University Kaduna