Estimated Reading Time: 1
The Eyitayo Jegede Campaign Organisation has denied reports that the Peoples Democratic Party candidate in Saturday’s governorship election, has pulled out of the race.
Spokesman for the organisation, Mr Gbenga Akinmoyo, said this in a statement released on Thursday.
The statement partly reads: “In a desperate move to deceive the general public some dubious individuals are circulating falsehood that the PDP candidate Eyitayo Jegede SAN has collapsed his structure. This is a lie from the pit of hell.”
“In the last few hours, Eyitayo Jegede has received support from 11 out of the 16 other governorship candidates who collapsed their structures for him and the PDP. He has signed the peace accord confirming commitment to a violence-free election.
“Jegede has meticulously worked to complete his campaign tour across the length and breadth of Ondo State and just yesterday (Wednesday) held the closing rally in an elaborate and colourful ceremony at Ondo West Local Government where thousands of supporters joined Jegede to receive the PDP national officers from Abuja.”
kindly donate to the work we do using our interim PAYPAL https://www.paypal.me/NewsWireNGR
- Ndoma-Egba tells hoodlums who broke into his house to return the robes of his late father who was a judge
- Lagos lawmaker says most young Nigerians are high on drugs in reaction to #EndSARS protest
- Cross River primary health care boss decries destruction of health centers
- Nigeria will ensure Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala emerges WTO DG; Federal Government vows
- Lagos Lawmaker says hoodlums hijacked #EndSARS protests because protesters gave them food
- Buhari says Nigeria’s economy too fragile for COVID-19 lockdown
- CBN releases guidelines for N75 billion youth investment fund
- #EndSARS: Did the Nigerian Government kill its citizens and tried to erase all the evidence?
- Former spokesman says Army used blank bullets in Lekki shooting; faults Amnesty International report
- Lagos schools to reopen November 2