Estimated Reading Time: 1
The Minister of Humanitarian Affairs, Disaster Management and Social Development Hajiya Sadiya-Umar Farouq has directed Batches A and B beneficiaries of the N-Power programme, who were earlier omitted from payment of their stipends, to report to their various state Focal Persons for verification and re-validation.
In a statement, by her Special Assistant Media, Nneka Anibeze, the directive was given as part of efforts to resolve unpaid stipends withheld, due to discrepancies in records of the beneficiaries.
According to the statement, Investigations conducted by the Office of the AGF following the omission of some N-Power beneficiaries from payment of stipends indicated that some beneficiaries were also drawing salaries from other Federal Government MDAs.
The minister has directed that opportunity be given to the affected beneficiaries to verify and re-validate their eligibility so that qualified beneficiaries can be paid for their participation in the N-Power Programme.
“Beneficiaries are thereby directed to report to their State Focal Persons immediately with their bank account details including bank statements from March 2020 to date, NYSC Discharge Certificates , birth certificates and other related screening documents it stated.
“The deadline for verification is October 13, 2020. Beneficiaries who fail to attend the verification exercise will forfeit their stipends
kindly donate to the work we do using our interim PAYPAL https://www.paypal.me/NewsWireNGR
- Estonia gets first female prime minister
- NDLEA to test students, corps members, security agencies
- COVID-19: FG extends partial lockdown by a month
- Just In: Imo State Governor declares curfew in Orlu
- South-West Governors ban all forms of open grazing in the region
- Pregnant woman killed by bandits in Chikun Local Government Area of Kaduna State
- Cross River, EU destroy arms surrendered by militants in the state
- State Governors meet with Miyetti Allah in Akure; here are some of the resolutions reached
- Filmmakers should collect permit to avoid harassment – Sanwo-Olu
- Federal Government is insincere with the handling of herdsmen crisis – Bamikole Omisore