Estimated Reading Time: 1
The spokesperson of the State Security Service, Peter Afunaya has responded to the allegations that the head of the DSS at Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport Abuja, Safiyanu Abba assaulted an official of the Federal Airports Authority.
“This is not true”. He said. In a statement to Premium Times Journalists, the spokesman said “DSS staff are well mannered and couldn’t have slapped or fought a personnel of an agency he is working with. The Service and the DSS place premium on robust interagency relations needed to achieve positive outcomes in the workplace.”
On Wednesday, the Federal Airports Authority of Nigeria said Mr Safiyanu Abba breached the security protocol and assaulted the officer for calling him to order on Friday.
FAAN said the SSS boss had prevented security officers at the airport from performing a mandatory check on a passenger.
FAAN condemned the action, describing it as an abuse of power and the security process in our airport.
- States take Federal Government to the Supreme Court over funding
- Trans fat: Nigeria still on the road finalise regulation
- VP Osinbajo urges leaders of destination countries to insist on repatriation of illicit funds & their proceeds
- INEC replaces manual voting with automated voting system
- NNPC to be commercialized in new PIB draft – Minister
- We will pass the Petroleum Industry Bill speedily says Gbajabiamila
- President Buhari says “we need a corruption-free public sector to achieve transformation”
- Amaechi left a legacy of white elephant projects says Governor Wike
- N2.67 billion school feeding funds have been diverted to private accounts; ICPC reveals
- President Buhari writes to President Xi Jinping of China