Estimated Reading Time: 1
Multiple reports suggests that Police officers are currently at the national secretariat of the All Progressives Congress (APC) in Abuja.
The crisis rocking the All Progressives Congress took a turn for the worse on Wednesday, following a court injunction suspending Adams Oshiomhole as the party’s National Chairman.
Officers at the party premises prevented people from going in, – patrol vans and an armoured personnel carrier (APC) were stationed around the secretariat.
National Vice Chairman (North-East), Salihu Mustapha, who backed the court decision, told reporters that following the court injunction, Oshiomhole was for now, in no position to issue any instruction as doing so will be “illegal, null and void”.
He explained that his intervention was based on information that as soon as the court pronouncement became public, Oshiomhole allegedly instructed the APC National Publicity Secretary, Mallam Lanre Isa-Onilu to issue a statement announcing Waziri Bulama, as acting National Secretary.
Mustapha said, “Immediately the court injunction was given, the national chairman has called the party’s chief press secretary (National Publicity Secretary) to issue a statement to the press that Waziri Bulama is the (acting) National Secretary to the Party.
Bu a Judge of a federal capital territory (FCT) high court, Danlami Senchi, today, gave an order to Suspend Oshiomhole on Wednesday following an application of interlocutory injunction filed by one Oluwale Afolabi seeking the removal of Oshiomhole as APC national chairman.
- Kidnapped Jangebe schoolgirls regain their freedom
- ‘The first thing I’m focused on, is COVID-19’ Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala says
- NBC asks DSS to arrest operators of Radio Biafra
- Police in Sokoto confirms terrorists killed 12 persons In Illela
- A splinter Boko Haram group, regrouping in my state – Nasarawa Governor Raises Alarm
- Terrorists that attacked in Kaduna are from neighbouring states – Commissioner
- Ondo Government bans NURTW, RTEAN activities in the state
- Lagos shuts down Cubana nightclub, arrests 172 COVID-19 violators
- Breaking: Governor Bala Mohammed of Bauchi State and convoy involved in an accident
- Fearing terrorist attack, Yobe State Government closes all boarding schools