Estimated Reading Time: <1
Stephen Keshi with his children mourning as his late wife, Kate Keshi is laid to rest (PHOTO CREDIT: PM NEWS)
The death of Kate Keshi, the late wife of former Super Eagles coach, Stephen Keshi is “a loss to the football community in Nigeria,” according to Nigeria Football Federation (NFF).
Speaking at the funeral mass of the Mrs Keshi in Benin City, Edo state capital, Frank Ilaboya, Chairman, Edo Football Association, who was representing the NFF said: “I think it is a great loss, not just to the FA but to the football community in Nigeria.
“We are talking about the wife of former Super Eagles coach. He was captain at junior and senior levels. In fact, he was the longest serving captain. He became the only Nigerian coach to have won the Nations Cup as a captain and as a coach
“I understand how great this loss is. My prayer is that God will give the family the fortitude to bear the loss. Keshi has been a wonderful person. I know how traumatised he must be now; that is why we are praying ?God to give him and the children the fortitude to bear the loss.?”
Stephen Keshi performing the dust-to-dust to his late wife, Kate Keshi as she is laid to rest (PHOTO CREDIT: PM NEWS)
Kate Keshi, 54, lost her three-year-long fight against the cancer sickness on December 9. She is survived by her husband of 33 years, 4 children, her mother, brother, sisters and numerous relatives.
Kate passed on at the family’s home in the United States of America.
May her soul RIP!
Photo Credit: PM News
- I tested positive for COVID-19 – Obasanjo
- Singer, Simi says female entertainers are constantly pitted against each other – she explains the difficulties
- Lagos State Government announces 3 months partial closure of Marine bridge
- WAEC cancels Literature-in English exams; candidates to rewrite papers March 11
- “They took away about 470 cows and cattle” killed 15 persons – Eyewitness accounts after gunmen storm Sokoto
- Speaker Gbajabiamila begs Nigerians to accept COVID-19 vaccine
- “That is the trump card that I will not reveal” – Chief of Defense Staff, General Lucky Irabor talks tough
- Repentant Boko Haram members return to the terror group after spying on security agents formation – Governor Zulum
- Nigerian soldier and his girlfriend were recently caught supplying ammunitions and military uniforms to armed bandits in Zamfara
- President Buhari decorates new Service Chiefs