Estimated Reading Time: <1
Barcelona superstar, Lionel Messi, has been named FIFA World Player of the Year 2015.
The Argentine beat team-mate Neymar and rival Cristiano Ronaldo, to the prize and has now won it five times.
Messi was the clear favourite to win the prize, having led Barcelona to a famous treble last season. It is also his fourth time of taking home the accolade.
Ronaldo won the last Ballon d’Or holder, but failed to draw level with Messi for overall wins on Monday night.
- EFCC invites Ondo Assembly members over fraud allegations
- #IWD: Aisha Buhari laments school kidnapping
- ‘2.5 million people have registered to join APC in Kano’ Ganduje says
- Federal Government to establish special courts, judicial divisions on GBV – Malami
- Mercy Abang makes list of 100 most inspiring women 2021
- Duchess of Sussex, Meghan Markle says she contemplated suicide in an explosive television interview
- Hijab Controversy: Kwara Government extends closure of 10 schools
- We have rehabilitated 42 roads in Calabar South-Cross River Government
- Workers in Odukpani Power Plant accuse management of high-handedness, threaten strike
- Senate queries NNPC over N4Trillion unremitted revenue