Estimated Reading Time: <1
Erstwhile Enugu Rangers and Heartland FC of Owerri striker, Brendan Ogbu has joined Warri Wolves for the new season.
Ogbu is touted to be a direct replacement for Musa Najere, who has been on trials with South African club Ajax Cape Town and is also being sought after by Kano Pillars.
The towering striker is expected to revive his career in the Nigerian domestic league after spending most of the year in search of greener pastures. He was on trial with an Egyptian club earlier this year before he attempted moving to Young Africans of Tanzania, but a mysterious injury was reported to have dashed a short-term deal that would have fetched him $150,000.
He also underwent trials in Russia as well as Tunisia’s Esperance.
One of his career highlights will be scoring the winning goal that gave Heartland the 2012 Federations cup.
- Reconsidering Lagos State’s approach to the COVID-19 second wave
- 80-year-old, ward head and three others killed in bandits attack in Kaduna
- Bandits kidnap 17 persons in three communities in Niger State
- In Katsina, 21-year-old labourer, Abubakar Sani, dragged to court over alleged homosexual (rape) of an eight-year-old boy
- COVID-19: We have capacity to test 600 people daily – Governor Obaseki
- The Nigerian Government is selling properties to fund the 2021 budget – what happens after ?
- 2023: Fayemi is the most qualified presidential candidate from South-West – APC spokesperson declares
- Just In: FG says it is mandatory for foreign diplomats to obtain the National Identity Numbers
- Breaking: Ex-finance minister, Jubril Martins-Kuye is dead
- We will continue to demand the unconditional release of El-Zakzaky – IMN