Estimated Reading Time: <1
Erstwhile Enugu Rangers and Heartland FC of Owerri striker, Brendan Ogbu has joined Warri Wolves for the new season.
Ogbu is touted to be a direct replacement for Musa Najere, who has been on trials with South African club Ajax Cape Town and is also being sought after by Kano Pillars.
The towering striker is expected to revive his career in the Nigerian domestic league after spending most of the year in search of greener pastures. He was on trial with an Egyptian club earlier this year before he attempted moving to Young Africans of Tanzania, but a mysterious injury was reported to have dashed a short-term deal that would have fetched him $150,000.
He also underwent trials in Russia as well as Tunisia’s Esperance.
One of his career highlights will be scoring the winning goal that gave Heartland the 2012 Federations cup.
- Insecurity: Nurses In Ogun State declare strike until ‘safety is guaranteed’
- NASS legislative aides protest unpaid salary arrears
- Nigeria – An increasing number of measles cases in Borno
- Mariam Ileyemi: Fresh wave of religious crisis shouldn’t add to Nigeria’s many problems
- Police commend officers for rejecting N500,000 bribe
- Opinion: Yinka Odumakin, the storm is over!
- “Someone said I slept with the wife of the man who helped my career”, – Perruzi breaks silence
- USSD SAGA: Will the suffering of Nigerians ever end?
- CCT’s media officer who wrote the ‘Biafran Boys’ statement has been recalled
- New salary and welfare package for Judges in the works – Malami