Estimated Reading Time: <1
Eden Dzeko is ready to prove his worth following the injury of Manchester City’s teammate, Sergio Aguero.
Aguero who is City’s top scorer this season with 19 goals in all competitions. The Argentinian has been ruled out for at least a month after damaging his calf in last weekend’s 6-3 thrashing of Arsenal.
Aguero’s injury may prove to be fortune for Dzeko who scored a brace in Tuesday’s Capital One Cup win over Leicester City.
“Sergio being out is very bad for the team because he has had an amazing season so far,”
“He has been scoring a lot of goals and he is obviously a very important player for us.
“But that’s life. Now we have to try to play games without him, and try to keep winning. I am a striker that has scored goals all my life and I love to do it.
“When I get a chance I try to do my best.” Dzeko told Daily Mirror
- COVID-19 lockdown: Over 24,000 children have not returned to school – Sanwo-Olu
- Tambuwal appoints committee to investigate Sokoto central market fire
- Anambra Governorship election to hold November 6 – INEC
- Vice-President Yemi Osinbajo flags off N5,000 cash transfer to low-income earners in urban areas
- Arewa Youth Leader says Northern Nigeria is the most backward region despite having the president
- Borno Governor asks Federal Character Commission for more employment slots
- Buhari appoints Nigeria’s first female ambassador to the United States
- Motorcycle riders are working as spies for kidnappers – Amotekun says
- Where will herdsmen graze if they leave the forest reserves? – Miiyetti Allah queries Akeredolu’s vacation order
- Kukah gets international recognition with appointment by Pope Francis