Estimated Reading Time: <1
Eden Dzeko is ready to prove his worth following the injury of Manchester City’s teammate, Sergio Aguero.
Aguero who is City’s top scorer this season with 19 goals in all competitions. The Argentinian has been ruled out for at least a month after damaging his calf in last weekend’s 6-3 thrashing of Arsenal.
Aguero’s injury may prove to be fortune for Dzeko who scored a brace in Tuesday’s Capital One Cup win over Leicester City.
“Sergio being out is very bad for the team because he has had an amazing season so far,”
“He has been scoring a lot of goals and he is obviously a very important player for us.
“But that’s life. Now we have to try to play games without him, and try to keep winning. I am a striker that has scored goals all my life and I love to do it.
“When I get a chance I try to do my best.” Dzeko told Daily Mirror
- Was Nigeria’s finance minister ignorant? or lying? – CBN Governor Emefiele says Printing money is a cardinal job of the lenders
- Helen McCrory, star of Peaky Blinders, dies aged 52
- German govt ignores Nigeria, picks Ghana to establish West African center for global health
- Cheta Nwanze: Security, civic space and the media
- DSS claims to have uncovered plans by IPOB to Bomb banks in South-East
- ‘Bandits are threatening to marry our girls’ Parents of abducted Kaduna students cry out
- Local Government workers block convoy of Nasarawa Deputy Governor
- Adaora Okoye: Unravelling myths surrounding women in leadership in Nigeria
- JUSUN sets April 19 for nationwide peaceful protest
- IGR for Nigerian states drops to a new low – NBS Report