Estimated Reading Time: 1
Egwu Chidiebere, an aide to Governor Dave Umahi of Ebonyi State, has resigned his appointment with immediate effect.
Chidiebere, Special Assistant on Internal Security and Public Utilities (Urban), to the governor, made this known in his resignation letter to the Secretary to the State Government, Kenneth Ugbala, on Thursday.
According to Chidiebere, his decision to resign from his appointment is personal and also due to his principle never to betray his master and anyone else. He added that his resignation should not be misconstrued as an affront to the personality of the governor.
He, however, appreciated the governor for giving him the opportunity to serve in his administration, saying that the experience was worthwhile. Chidiebere disclosed that he will be returning all government properties in his possession to the state government immediately.
Chidiebere’s resignation is coming barely five days after the Commissioner for Inter-Governmental Affairs, Lazarus Ogbee, resigned his appointment with the state government.
Recall that governor Umahi defected from the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, to the All Progressives Congress, APC on Tuesday, citing injustice to the Southeast as the reason for his defection.
kindly donate to the work we do using our interim PAYPAL https://www.paypal.me/NewsWireNGR
- World Aids Day:Cross River State Government Marks Day With Walk, Advocates for Early Detection
- Police confirm killing of Assistant commissioner of police in Calabar
- Pope Francis condemns the killing of scores of farmers and villagers in Borno
- Actress, Regina Daniels husband, Ned Nwoko, says he can marry another wife to add to all his wives
- Boko Haram abducts Red Cross officer in Borno
- COVID-19: UK becomes first country to approve Pfizer’s vaccine
- Kayode Fayemi has said security challenges are beyond the Nigerian military
- The Judiciary leads ICPC corruption index with over N9Billion in bribes offered/received in 2 years
- Kidnappers demand N15 million ransom to release couple abducted in Edo
- Hausa Language Movie, ‘The Milkmaid’ has been selected as Nigeria’s entry for the Oscars