Estimated Reading Time: 1
The Joint Health Sector Union and Assembly of Health Care Professionals, Bauchi State Chapter says it will begin an indefinite strike from Thursday, August 6 to protest the unilateral deductions made by the state government in its June salaries.
A statement by its State Secretary, Usman Danturaki, reads:
“Following the inability of government to reverse its decision on the deductions unilaterally made in the month of June to our members coupled with its blatant refusal to offer any convincing reason as a rationale behind the deduction despite series of promises made; and based on the resolution reached at the state executive council meeting held on 4th August, 2020.
“You are hereby directed to commence an indefinite strike action from 12.00am of Thursday, 6th August, 2020 until further directed.”
The statement was dated August 5th, 2020, and titled, ‘Commencement of strike action by JOHESU members’.
- Whistleblowing should include issues of Public Safety – Vice President Osinbajo tells FG
- NERC suspends electricity tariff increase for 14 days
- Trump, Biden exchange words in chaotic first presidential debate
- House of representatives has withdrawn the water resources bill – here’s why
- Nigerian Senators reject Buhari’s nominee as PENCOM DG
- Nigeria’s 2020 budget has suffered a loss of over $14 billion – Senate President
- P&ID: UK Court orders release of $200 million deposit to Nigeria
- Nigeria@60: Federal Government declares October 1 Public holiday
- Buhari asks NASS for N147 billion refund for Ondo, four other states
- Convoy attack: Borno NASS members visit Zulum in Maiduguri