Estimated Reading Time: <1
Cameroonian legend and arguably, the greatest African football import to Europe, Samuel Eto’o has signed a three and half years contract with Italian Serie A side, UCD Sampdoria, for an undisclosed fee.
The 33 year old, only joined English premiership side, Everton in the summer, but was unable to tie down a starting berth, amid other off field issues. The striker, who returns to Italy, for a second stint, is well travelled across Europe, having played for Real Mallorca and giants, FC Barcelona in Spain.
The talented attacker, went further to play at Inter Milan, a hugely successful spell, before moving to Russia, for moneybags Anzhi, and then joining old foe and seasonal friend, Jose Mourinho at Chelsea, for a season stint. Eto’o then signed for Roberto Martinez’s last summer, and spent five months in a two year deal, before his current ‘Italian job’.
- Five persons have lost their lives as boat capsizes along Ikorodu Channel of the Lagos State Waterways
- ‘Irresponsible and cheap politics’ – How Bukola Saraki described APC statement linking him with Hushpuppi
- APC wants security agencies to probe reports linking suspected cybercriminal, Hushpuppi to top-ranking PDP members
- Just In: Abia State Governor, Dr. Okezie Ikpeazu has tested negative for COVID-19
- Breaking: Ebonyi State Governor, Dave Umahi, tests Positive for COVID-19
- Governor Akeredolu rejects the idea of handing over power to deputy governor
- Eunice Ortom, wife of Benue State governor, her son and some of her staff have tested positive for COVID-19
- Udo Jude Ilo: Making the best of the Public Anger on Sexual and Gender-Based Violence
- Edo Elections: PDP picks Nyesom Wike as campaign chairman
- Governor Abdulrazaq reshuffles cabinet