Estimated Reading Time: <1
Everton are close to agreeing a two-year deal for striker Samuel Eto’o after he was released by Chelsea at the end of last season.
Liverpool had been interested in the 33-year-old Cameroon international, BBC reports.
But the completion of their £16m move for Mario Balotelli left the way clear for Everton to hold talks with Eto’o.
Talks are ongoing but Everton could sign Eto’o in time for him to be in line for a debut against his old side at Goodison on Saturday.
Everton have already signed Romelu Lukaku from Chelsea for £28m this summer and taken Christian Atsu on loan from the west London outfit.
- 6 days after testing positive for COVID-19, Governor Akeredolu says he has recovered
- Federal Government is set to shut the Third Mainland Bridge for six months
- Journalists barred as Magu faces panel in Aso Rock while DSS denies arrest
- DSS has said it did not arrest Mr Ibrahim Magu, EFCC acting chairman
- Fredrick Nwabufo: EFCC’s Magu ‘arrested’: When the hunter becomes the bush meat
- Governor Ganduje of Kano has said that PDP is only interested in looting Edo State Treasury
- National Assembly to hold hearing on sexual and gender based violence in Nigeria
- Anti-Corruption activist; Hamzat Lawal declines NCF invitation
- Acting Chairman of the EFCC, Ibrahim Magu, has been arrested by the Department of State Services.
- Kenya resumes international flight operations