Estimated Reading Time: <1
Liverpool Ladies have completed the signing of Nigerian female football star, Asisat Oshoala. The last twelve months have been nothing short of amazing for Oshoala who won both the Golden Ball and Golden boot award at last year’s U-20 World Cup finals. She also won the golden ball award at the African Women Championships and was recently honored as the African female footballer of the year.
With this signing, she becomes the first ever African lady to compete in the Women’s Super League. Speaking about her signing, the Liverpool ladies’ boss, Matt Beard had this to say:
“We beat a number of top American and European clubs to Asisat’s signature,” said Beard as he welcomed the 20-year-old striker. “Asisat is one of the best young players in the world.”
“She’s not the finished article yet but she’s got pace, power and she certainly knows where the goal is.
“I watched her at the Under-20 World Cup, where she was sensational, and we had early dialogue with her about coming to Liverpool.
“There’s been plenty of other interest in her in the last few months, but she chose to join us and I’m absolutely delighted.”
The soccer star whose former club in Nigeria, Rivers Angel are also champions of the Nigerian women’s league had this to say about her new deal:
“Liverpool Ladies are a massive club with some fantastic players who I believe can help me to develop my game to the next level.
“It was also a big incentive to be able to play in the Women’s Champions League, which is a huge competition that I’m confident we can do well in.”
- Tambuwal appoints committee to investigate Sokoto central market fire
- Anambra Governorship election to hold November 6 – INEC
- Vice-President Yemi Osinbajo flags off N5,000 cash transfer to low-income earners in urban areas
- Arewa Youth Leader says Northern Nigeria is the most backward region despite having the president
- Borno Governor asks Federal Character Commission for more employment slots
- Buhari appoints Nigeria’s first female ambassador to the United States
- Motorcycle riders are working as spies for kidnappers – Amotekun says
- Where will herdsmen graze if they leave the forest reserves? – Miiyetti Allah queries Akeredolu’s vacation order
- Kukah gets international recognition with appointment by Pope Francis
- Buhari in closed door meeting with President of Benin Republic