Estimated Reading Time: <1
President Goodluck Jonathan has received with shock and immense sadness news of the death of Mr. Oyamuyefa Alamieyeseigha in Dubai at the weekend.
The son of Chief Diepreye Solomon Peters Alamieyeseigha (DSP), a former Governor of Bayelsa State is said to have been killed in Dubai.
The deceased, named Oyoms Alamieyeseigha, the second to the last son of the Bayelsa politician, and godfather to Nigeria’s President Goodluck Jonathan was found dead by the stairway of his father’s house in the Middle Eastern city on Saturday.
In a statement issued by Reuben Abati and made available to NewsWireNGR, “On behalf of his family and the Federal Government, President Jonathan extends heartfelt condolences to Oyamuyefa’s father, Chief Diepreye Alamieyeseigha and his entire family on the untimely loss of a very dear son in the prime of his life.”
“The President and the First Lady, Dame Patience Jonathan share their pain and grief over the death of Oyamuyefa in circumstances that are still unclear.” Abati continued.
President Jonathan assures Chief Alamieyeseigha and his family of the full support of the Federal Government as they strive to unravel the true circumstances of the young man’s death. He prays that God Almighty will receive Oyamuyefa’s soul and comfort his grieving parents and siblings.
- “It makes no sense for oil to be cheaper in Nigeria than in Saudi Arabia” – Buhari
- Just In: No fewer than 20 #RevolutionNow protesters arrested in Lagos
- Cheta Nwanze: Between the bar and the bench
- Tinubu says Lagos is an example of the success story of Nigeria
- Nigeria At 60: Let the Nigerian youth keep sleeping
- Nigeria’s diversity can be built on, to become a source of strength – CDD
- Nigeria@60: Full text of President Buhari’s Independence Anniversary Speech
- Nigeria@60: Atiku calls for youth-centred development plan
- Lagos State Police warn against rallies and protests on October 1
- Federal Executive Council estimates N13.08trn for 2021 fiscal year