Estimated Reading Time: <1
Nigeria provides a detailed budget for citizens but most of items confuses, as ambiguity is prevalent. Items such as “seeds”, “seedlings”, “fertilizers” and so on apply more than thrice.
We have also noticed that expenditure for donor agencies that support agriculture are not included in the budget. This is not right as a citizen does not have a full understanding of how much is actually spent for agriculture.
There is also lack of availability of state budgets, which makes it difficult to explain if they are in compliance which Maputo Declaration, which requires 10% of their budgets for agriculture.
It is time that Nigeria makes her budget for agriculture to be clearer and simpler for people to understand. Citizens need to know how government spend their funds and also see the capital implementation report for agric. budgets. Mr President, here is a chance to lead by example.
- President Buhari says “we need a corruption-free public sector to achieve transformation”
- Amaechi left a legacy of white elephant projects says Governor Wike
- N2.67 billion school feeding funds have been diverted to private accounts; ICPC reveals
- President Buhari writes to President Xi Jinping of China
- Court awards N50 million against Senator Abbo for assault
- Nigeria’s vice-President Yemi Osinbajo has said Nigeria may break up if efforts are not made to address the cracks
- Former Delta State Governor Uduaghan returns to PDP
- COVID-19: Lagos government launches N5 billion support capital for private schools
- Proposed PIB scraps NNPC, PPPRA in new bill submitted to the National Assembly
- Alwan Hassan: An Open Letter to the Leaders and the Young People of the APC