Estimated Reading Time: <1
Nigeria provides a detailed budget for citizens but most of items confuses, as ambiguity is prevalent. Items such as “seeds”, “seedlings”, “fertilizers” and so on apply more than thrice.
We have also noticed that expenditure for donor agencies that support agriculture are not included in the budget. This is not right as a citizen does not have a full understanding of how much is actually spent for agriculture.
There is also lack of availability of state budgets, which makes it difficult to explain if they are in compliance which Maputo Declaration, which requires 10% of their budgets for agriculture.
It is time that Nigeria makes her budget for agriculture to be clearer and simpler for people to understand. Citizens need to know how government spend their funds and also see the capital implementation report for agric. budgets. Mr President, here is a chance to lead by example.
- Electricity: Power sub-stations in Oyo and Ogun States to be completed with N124.2 million – FG
- Federal Executive Council approves N995 Million for road projects
- Governor Seyi Makinde deploys 200 Amotekun operatives in Ibarapa
- House of Representatives promises to pass PIB by April
- Lagos State Government restricts trucks, articulated vehicles movement to 9pm-6am daily
- Tinubu is afraid to speak on herdsmen crisis because of his presidential ambition says Afenifere Chieftain, Adebanjo
- FEC meeting: Cabinet members observe a minute silence in honour of late ministers
- COVID-19: Yabatech shuts down hostel and medical centre after college director dies
- Nigerian education sector needs an enabling environment to thrive
- MURIC: Yoruba’s must Unite to gain power in 2023