Estimated Reading Time: <1
Fresh attacks were launched on villages in Riyom & Barkin Ladi Local Government Areas of Plateau State yesterday leaving about 5o hours razed and two members of a family dead. The killings were at Diniyam-Rim of Riyom Local Government. There was another raid on Rakok and Razat in Barakin Ladi Local Government Area.
So many houses abandoned as a result of previous attacks were burnt too as harvested crops and properties were set ablaze too
Mr Daniel Dem who represents Riyom Constituency in the Plateau State House of Assembly confirmed the killings.
He revealed that the two family members who were killed were sleeping in an isolated building when they were shot. Two other members of the family were left injured.
The Interim Chairman of Barkin Ladi LG, Mr. Habila Dung has also confirmed the attack on the villages in the early hours of Thursday.
- Zamfara government tells clerics to persuade bandits to surrender arms
- Buhari orders MDAs, others to grant access to FIRS for tax collection
- Nigerian Railway launches N900 Million e-ticketing platform
- Blasphemy: Court acquits teenage boy sentenced to jail in Kano
- NIN is now compulsory for JAMB registration – Minister
- Nigeria’s education sector needs an enabling environment to thrive
- FG reappoints Usman as NPA Managing Director, names board for TCN
- Kano Governor Ganduje says Coronavirus test will be mandatory for anyone wishing to enter Kano State
- N6 million debt: Kaduna distribution board cuts off Electricity at the home of late Shehu Shagari
- Restructuring is not enough; we must change the constitution says Goodluck Jonathan