Estimated Reading Time: <1
AC Milan forward Stephan El Shaarawy has been ruled out for 10 weeks after undergoing foot surgery.
The Italy international only returned to action at the start of the month, having suffered a hairline fracture of his right foot in September.
He also battled a thigh complaint at the beginning of the season, and has therefore been restricted to just four Serie A outings this campaign.
“AC Milan announces that Stephan El Shaarawy today [Saturday] underwent surgery on his right foot in Portugal,” read a club statement.
“The procedure was necessary to stabilise the fourth metatarsal bone, thus preventing an overload on the area of the previous stress fracture and, at the same time, to stimulate the same area of the foot in order to obtain an absolute cure.
“Professor Niek van Dijk, who believes the surgery a complete success, also anticipates subsequent tests that will determine the best steps towards healing and suggested the resumption of athletic and physical conditioning in approximately 10 weeks.”
- Was Nigeria’s finance minister ignorant? or lying? – CBN Governor Emefiele says Printing money is a cardinal job of the lenders
- Helen McCrory, star of Peaky Blinders, dies aged 52
- German govt ignores Nigeria, picks Ghana to establish West African center for global health
- Cheta Nwanze: Security, civic space and the media
- DSS claims to have uncovered plans by IPOB to Bomb banks in South-East
- ‘Bandits are threatening to marry our girls’ Parents of abducted Kaduna students cry out
- Local Government workers block convoy of Nasarawa Deputy Governor
- Adaora Okoye: Unravelling myths surrounding women in leadership in Nigeria
- JUSUN sets April 19 for nationwide peaceful protest
- IGR for Nigerian states drops to a new low – NBS Report