Estimated Reading Time: <1
AC Milan forward Stephan El Shaarawy has been ruled out for 10 weeks after undergoing foot surgery.
The Italy international only returned to action at the start of the month, having suffered a hairline fracture of his right foot in September.
He also battled a thigh complaint at the beginning of the season, and has therefore been restricted to just four Serie A outings this campaign.
“AC Milan announces that Stephan El Shaarawy today [Saturday] underwent surgery on his right foot in Portugal,” read a club statement.
“The procedure was necessary to stabilise the fourth metatarsal bone, thus preventing an overload on the area of the previous stress fracture and, at the same time, to stimulate the same area of the foot in order to obtain an absolute cure.
“Professor Niek van Dijk, who believes the surgery a complete success, also anticipates subsequent tests that will determine the best steps towards healing and suggested the resumption of athletic and physical conditioning in approximately 10 weeks.”
- Tambuwal appoints committee to investigate Sokoto central market fire
- Anambra Governorship election to hold November 6 – INEC
- Vice-President Yemi Osinbajo flags off N5,000 cash transfer to low-income earners in urban areas
- Arewa Youth Leader says Northern Nigeria is the most backward region despite having the president
- Borno Governor asks Federal Character Commission for more employment slots
- Buhari appoints Nigeria’s first female ambassador to the United States
- Motorcycle riders are working as spies for kidnappers – Amotekun says
- Where will herdsmen graze if they leave the forest reserves? – Miiyetti Allah queries Akeredolu’s vacation order
- Kukah gets international recognition with appointment by Pope Francis
- Buhari in closed door meeting with President of Benin Republic