Estimated Reading Time: <1
The 24-year-old, who is part of national coach Stephen Keshi’s preliminary squad currently camping in Abuja, told Brila FM that he is poised to join a foreign club once the transfer window opens in January.
Egwuekwe revealed that he is not short of European suitors, but revealed that he is uncertain if he will make a switch before or after Chan.
“I have a lot of offers from Europe but I am just keeping it hidden, maybe January by the special grace of God,” Egwuekwe said.
“You never can tell, anything can still happen, it may be before or after the Chan in South Africa.”
With Godfrey Oboabona in Turkey, and Sunday Mba certain to move to French Ligue 2 strugglers CA Bastia, Egwuekwe alongside Chigozie Agbim and Ejike Uzoenyi are the most experienced players currently at Keshi’s disposal.
CHAN, an event reserved for domestic-based players, is taking place in South Africa from January 11 to February 1.
- Nyesom Wike has donated N500 million to Sokoto to support the rebuilding of central market
- Miyetti Allah Cattle Breeders insists herdsmen are peaceful
- Afenifere says Buhari government represents only Fulani interests
- Fulanis should stay, Akeredolu has no power to deny them the right to live in Ondo – Northern Elders Forum
- Joe Biden has been sworn in as the 46th president of the United States
- FEC approves 65 years as new retirement age for teachers
- President Buhari presides over first FEC meeting of 2021
- Teachers violating COVID-19 guidelines in Abuja will be arrested and Prosecuted – Task Force
- ‘Have a good life, see you soon’ Trump says as he bows out of White House
- LAUTECH: Oyo Government approves N8Billion payment to Osun Government