Estimated Reading Time: <1
The 24-year-old, who is part of national coach Stephen Keshi’s preliminary squad currently camping in Abuja, told Brila FM that he is poised to join a foreign club once the transfer window opens in January.
Egwuekwe revealed that he is not short of European suitors, but revealed that he is uncertain if he will make a switch before or after Chan.
“I have a lot of offers from Europe but I am just keeping it hidden, maybe January by the special grace of God,” Egwuekwe said.
“You never can tell, anything can still happen, it may be before or after the Chan in South Africa.”
With Godfrey Oboabona in Turkey, and Sunday Mba certain to move to French Ligue 2 strugglers CA Bastia, Egwuekwe alongside Chigozie Agbim and Ejike Uzoenyi are the most experienced players currently at Keshi’s disposal.
CHAN, an event reserved for domestic-based players, is taking place in South Africa from January 11 to February 1.
- Breaking: Southeast governors announce own security outfit ‘Ebubeagu’
- #SaabGate: Joe Abah denies involvement in Alex Saab campaign
- Breaking: South-East governors meet in Imo on security
- Ramadan: Look out for crescent from Monday – Sultan
- Police rescue 15 abducted persons, 32 cows in Kaduna
- Police arrest 17 suspected cultists in Abuja
- SERAP says it is unfair to pay judges less, while Presidents and governors take home “huge salaries”
- Catholic Priest abducted in Imo
- Collective responsibility needed in fight against poverty — Okorocha
- INTERVIEW: I am excited people looked beyond the lip gloss to enjoy my content – Enioluwa Adeoluwa, 21-year-old Nigeria’s front-line Influencer