Estimated Reading Time: <1
Wayne Rooney was a surprise absentee from Manchester United’s squad for their Premier League clash against Norwich on Saturday.
Rooney had scored in United’s 3-2 win at Hull on Boxing Day but just 48 hours later there was no sign of the England striker at Carrow Road.
The 28-year-old, who has scored 11 times for United this season, didn’t travel with the champions to Norfolk and there was no immediate explanation for his absence.
Javier Hernandez replaced Rooney in United’s starting line-up, with the Mexico striker supported by Ryan Giggs and Shinji Kagawa, while Michael Carrick started in midfield.
Defender Rafael da Silva also missed out with a groin problem and Serbia’s Nemanja Vidic returned as one of five changes by boss David Moyes.
- Estonia gets first female prime minister
- NDLEA to test students, corps members, security agencies
- COVID-19: FG extends partial lockdown by a month
- Just In: Imo State Governor declares curfew in Orlu
- South-West Governors ban all forms of open grazing in the region
- Pregnant woman killed by bandits in Chikun Local Government Area of Kaduna State
- Cross River, EU destroy arms surrendered by militants in the state
- State Governors meet with Miyetti Allah in Akure; here are some of the resolutions reached
- Filmmakers should collect permit to avoid harassment – Sanwo-Olu
- Federal Government is insincere with the handling of herdsmen crisis – Bamikole Omisore