Estimated Reading Time: <1
Wayne Rooney was a surprise absentee from Manchester United’s squad for their Premier League clash against Norwich on Saturday.
Rooney had scored in United’s 3-2 win at Hull on Boxing Day but just 48 hours later there was no sign of the England striker at Carrow Road.
The 28-year-old, who has scored 11 times for United this season, didn’t travel with the champions to Norfolk and there was no immediate explanation for his absence.
Javier Hernandez replaced Rooney in United’s starting line-up, with the Mexico striker supported by Ryan Giggs and Shinji Kagawa, while Michael Carrick started in midfield.
Defender Rafael da Silva also missed out with a groin problem and Serbia’s Nemanja Vidic returned as one of five changes by boss David Moyes.
- We ignored calls for Pantami’s resignation at the FEC meeting – Lai Mohammed
- 23 year-old comedienne, Ada Jesus is dead
- Senate approves fresh $1.5billions, €995millions loans for Federal, State Governments
- Just In: “They attacked the community and burnt their food stores” – Bandits are currently attacking villages in Zamfara State
- Breaking: House of reps minority leader calls for Isa Pantami’s sack
- Retail giant, Amazon, to set up South African headquarters – 5,239 jobs will be created in the construction phase alone
- IGP withdraws senior police officers from EFCC
- Nigerian Government expresses concern over developments in Chad
- Update: Police confirm attack on Greenfield University Kaduna
- BudgIT demands COVID-19 fund accountability