Estimated Reading Time: <1
Ahead of next year’s world cup, Nigeria’s coach Stephen Keshi has insisted that the likes of Joseph Yobo, Osaze Odemwengie, Haruna Lukman and Chinedu Obasi Ogbuke and others who have not featured prominently for the Eagles in his tenure are not out of the plan.
The Super Eagles coach however warned that invitation of players will not be on sentimental ground.
“We don’t want to play names but any player who can bring success to the team is what we are after and if these players we have mentioned have it then they can go with us to the World Cup.
“We have players as old as 39 years-old playing at top level for their countries and some have been very successful at that, I want to see that happen in Nigeria,” Keshi said.
- COVID-19: ‘Forcing people to be vaccinated is immoral’ Bishop Oyedepo says
- Nigerian Government drill boreholes in Buhari home state to avoid the spread of Covid-19
- Odua self-determination rally suffers setback as police surround venue in Ibadan
- Dogs to complement security arrangements in Katsina boarding schools
- Breaking: University of Ibadan releases 2020/2021 Post-UTME results
- Nigeria Medical Association denies ties with criminal bandits of Zamfara
- Peru’s former president, Martin Vizcarra, banned from holding public office
- Was Nigeria’s finance minister ignorant? or lying? – CBN Governor Emefiele says Printing money is a cardinal job of the lenders
- Helen McCrory, star of Peaky Blinders, dies aged 52
- German govt ignores Nigeria, picks Ghana to establish West African center for global health