Estimated Reading Time: <1
Ahead of next year’s world cup, Nigeria’s coach Stephen Keshi has insisted that the likes of Joseph Yobo, Osaze Odemwengie, Haruna Lukman and Chinedu Obasi Ogbuke and others who have not featured prominently for the Eagles in his tenure are not out of the plan.
The Super Eagles coach however warned that invitation of players will not be on sentimental ground.
“We don’t want to play names but any player who can bring success to the team is what we are after and if these players we have mentioned have it then they can go with us to the World Cup.
“We have players as old as 39 years-old playing at top level for their countries and some have been very successful at that, I want to see that happen in Nigeria,” Keshi said.
- Buhari has done nothing other than make enemies for the herders – Miyetti Allah says in call for restructuring
- No one has the right to expel any Nigerian from any part of the country – Arewa group dare Ondo Governor
- Just In: “We want justice for Seriki Fulani” – Miyetti Allah calls for Sunday Igboho’s arrest
- Afenifere wants ACF to “call their criminals to order” – warn that Yoruba would not want a repeat of the incident of 1966
- Miyetti Allah Cattle breeders association say kidnapping is a National problem
- Arewa Consultative Forum wants govt to act swiftly and stop the attacks on Fulani communities in the south west
- Fredrick Nwabufo: Buhari, now is time to speak to the Fulani youths
- Abia Governor dissolves state executive council
- Ignoring Governor Ayade’s instructions, CRUTECH insists on ‘no fee, no exams’
- American Legendary Talk-Show host; Larry King has died of COVID-19