Estimated Reading Time: 1
The Senate has approved the appointment of Haliru Nababa as the new comptroller-general of the Nigeria Correctional Service (NCS).
The confirmation followed the adoption of the report of the Senate Committee on Interior at plenary on Wednesday.
Presenting the report, the Chairman of the committee, Sen. Shettima Kashim(APC-Borno) said the committee found the nominee suitable to occupy the position of controller general of NCS.
He added that Nababa had displayed a high level of intelligence in the discharge of his responsibilities in previous positions and there was no petition against.
“The Nominee possesses the educational qualification for the position; the nominee is not affiliated to any political party, the nominee is within the age bracket for the recommendation,” Senator Shettima told the House.
This motion was seconded by Senator Abba Moro.
The Senate announced the confirmation in a social statement.
“The Nomination of Haliru Nababa is CONFIRMED as Comptroller-General of the Nigerian Correctional Service,” the tweet read.
- Rochas Okorocha says he only honoured EFCC Invitation and not arrested
- EFCC arrests Senator Rochas Okorocha
- #EndSARS: Nigerians react as Canada rejects asylum application of ex-SARS officer
- How Nigerian lawyer, Adaeze Ikpema was allegedly murdered by her husband
- Justice Aisha Bashir-Aliyu becomes Nassarawa’s first female chief Judge
- Police Inspector Fatally Injured While Repelling Multiple Kidnap Attacks in Abuja
- Insecurity: Nurses In Ogun State declare strike until ‘safety is guaranteed’
- NASS legislative aides protest unpaid salary arrears
- Nigeria – An increasing number of measles cases in Borno
- Mariam Ileyemi: Fresh wave of religious crisis shouldn’t add to Nigeria’s many problems