Estimated Reading Time: <1
Gunmen attacked players and officials of Nigeria Professional Football League side, Adamawa United, along Benin-Ore Expressway on Friday night. The incident happened at about 11.45pm, on their way to Lagos for an NPFL match against versus MFM FC.
Multiple sources confirm that the players lost their phones, feeding monies and other valuables as the gunmen ransacked the bus in which they were travelling.
The team’s driver was also reportedly abducted in the process and his whereabouts remain unknown.
Adamawa United are rooted to the bottom of the NPFL table and have endured a torrid season in the NPFL.
More details to follow….
- Just in: Osinbajo tells CBN to regulate, not ban cryptocurrency
- Police in Rivers State dissolve the ‘Eagle Crack Squad’ unit of the force
- Jangebe Abductions: The terrorists attacked the soldiers in the community before they entered the school- Teacher reveals
- Muslims in Kwara public schools can now wear Hijabs – Kwara State government
- UPDATE: We don’t know the number of schoolgirls kidnapped – Zamfara Government
- Nurses and Midwives in Ondo plan strike
- Breaking: Terrorists abduct 300 schoolgirls in Zamfara
- SSANU suspends 3 weeks strike
- Twitter announces feature that lets you charge for tweets
- Victor Ejechi: Agricultural Production and the Development of the Nigerian Economy