Estimated Reading Time: <1
Gunmen attacked players and officials of Nigeria Professional Football League side, Adamawa United, along Benin-Ore Expressway on Friday night. The incident happened at about 11.45pm, on their way to Lagos for an NPFL match against versus MFM FC.
Multiple sources confirm that the players lost their phones, feeding monies and other valuables as the gunmen ransacked the bus in which they were travelling.
The team’s driver was also reportedly abducted in the process and his whereabouts remain unknown.
Adamawa United are rooted to the bottom of the NPFL table and have endured a torrid season in the NPFL.
More details to follow….
- In Delta, Governor Okowa sacks commissioners, SSG, Chief of Staff, others
- Muhammadu Buhari: As governments struggled to contain COVID, jihadists have taken advantage in the Sahel
- SERAP wants Nasir El-rufai to “immediately end the growing crackdown on workers and protesters in his state”
- Just In: Buhari appoints Abubakar Fikpo as DG NDE
- COVID-19: NAFDAC approves Johnson & Johnson for emergency use
- Ayade finally approves the ‘appointment’ of magistrates unpaid for 2 years
- Kaduna State Government vows to dismiss workers who join NLC protest
- Naomi Campbell welcomes baby daughter at 50
- Nigeria Immigration Service formally suspends issuance of new passports
- Kaduna strike: Wabba dares El-Rufai; leads protest to state house