Estimated Reading Time: 1
Nigeria have slipped to 36th position on the latest FIFA global rankings for February, dropping one place from their previous position.
Gernot Rohr’s side remain the fifth- best country in Africa with Senegal retaining the no. 1 spot, followed by Tunisia , Algeria and Morocco in the second , third and fourth positions.
The Eagles have a chance to improve their position on the ranking when they take on neighbours Benin Republic and the Crocodiles of Lesotho in their remaining 2021 Africa Cup of Nations qualifying fixtures next month.
They top Group L with eight points from four matches.
Belgium maintain top position with 1780 points. Their three immediate chasers – France (2nd), Brazil (3rd) and England (4th) – retain their respective rankings.
- The security situation in Nigeria today is beyond the APC – Nasarawa Governor cries out
- Reveal identities of the terrorists behind Jangebe schoolgirls abduction – ACF tells Matawalle
- Finally, 3.92 million COVID-19 vaccines arrive in Nigeria
- Buhari has declared Zamfara a no-fly zone
- Insecurity is the number one problem of Africa – Akinwunmi Adesina
- Breaking: Senate confirm appointment of new service chiefs
- Buhari, Osinbajo meet with National Security Council
- Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie’s mum is dead
- Just in: Thousands of residents trapped as Boko Haram insurgents take over Dikwa, Borno State
- Our abductors threatened to kill, fry, eat us – Jangebe schoolgirls