Estimated Reading Time: 1
A video showing the abducted students has just been released by Jihadist group, Boko Haram on Thursday.
The six minute and thirty seconds long video obtained by HumAngle showed the abducted students, many in number looking stressed and afraid in a forest environment.
A boy is recorded pleading to the government to close all schools in Northern Nigeria and resist from sending security operatives to rescue the boys.
“Please, you have to dissolve any gang of vigilantes, close any kind of schools, excluding Islamiyyah [Qur’anic schools]. All the troops who have come here to help us, please send them back,” one of the abducted schoolboys pleaded in the released video,” the boy said speaking in a mix of Hausa and English.
Gunmen last Friday, invaded Government Science Secondary School, Kankara, Katsina and abducted over 500 students. On Tuesday, Boko Haram Factional leader, Abubakar Shekau claimed responsibility for the attack. Through a released audio, Shekau said the school was attacked because it was teaching its students things that could “destroy Islam”.
Katsina State governor, Aminu Masari on Tuesday said the government has made contact with the abductors. On Wednesday, he claimed that the abductors are bandits and not Boko Haram. However, the abduction has sparked a protest hashtagged #Bringbackourboys.
- Former Senate President, Bukola Saraki express concern over the silence of “leaders” over tensions in Ondo and Oyo
- Chairman of Taraba State LGA, Hon. Salihu Dovo, has been killed by his abductors
- Nigerian Police vows action against those behind the recent violence and ethnic tension Oyo state
- Attahiru M. Jega: Restructuring in Nigeria: Why? How? When?
- It makes no sense for cows to roam the streets in 2021 – Adamu Garba of twitter declares
- Buhari’s government has been very disappointing – Former INEC Chairman, Atthairu Jega fumes
- Social Media for Activism: How a Nigerian Law school Student is using Twitter to raise awareness on misogynistic laws #everydayfeminism
- Come back with laptops, Ipad, smartphones for e-learning – UNICAL to returning students
- Oyo Insecurity: Makinde, IGP to meet with Ibarapa community
- “For people stoking ethnic tension” – Olubadan calls for peace between Fulani and Yoruba residents