Estimated Reading Time: 1
The Federal Housing Authority (FHA) has threatened to publish the names of all persons indebted to the agency in national newspapers.
The FHA said it has observed that some persons who have benefited from federal housing projects still owed huge amounts.
The FHA management, in a statement issued on Friday, said the debts are owed by retired workers and other members of the general public, contrary to the repayment plans agreed on by both parties.
Debtors have been given 21 days to pay up or risk losing the affected property to the federal government according to Mr Abdulmumin Jibrin, the Executive Director of the agency in a post informing members of the Public.
“The Management of the Federal Housing Authority has observed with dismay the huge amounts owed by various allottees of the Authority’s Housing Units and land allocations,” the statement read.
“Some of these debts cut across cadres of retired staff and the general public, and have been owed for many years, contrary to agreed repayment plans and initial terms of allocation.
“Consequently, notice is hereby given to all concerned allot-tees, to pay up in full, all amounts owed, or before 21 days from the date of this publication.
“Failure to comply with this notice will lead the Authority to publish the names of debtors in national newspapers, and proceed to take all necessary steps to revoke the affected housing units and land which will be subsequently re-allocated to interested members of the general public.”
kindly donate to the work we do using our interim PAYPAL https://www.paypal.me/NewsWireNGR
- Estonia gets first female prime minister
- NDLEA to test students, corps members, security agencies
- COVID-19: FG extends partial lockdown by a month
- Just In: Imo State Governor declares curfew in Orlu
- South-West Governors ban all forms of open grazing in the region
- Pregnant woman killed by bandits in Chikun Local Government Area of Kaduna State
- Cross River, EU destroy arms surrendered by militants in the state
- State Governors meet with Miyetti Allah in Akure; here are some of the resolutions reached
- Filmmakers should collect permit to avoid harassment – Sanwo-Olu
- Federal Government is insincere with the handling of herdsmen crisis – Bamikole Omisore