Estimated Reading Time: 1
The Central Bank Of Nigeria has reacted to reports that it’s website has been hacked by a revolutionary group of hackers known as “Anonymous”.
NewsWireNGR had reported that the group in a post published on Twitter had hacked into the Nigerian Broadcasting Commission (NBC) account, posting tweets in support of Nigerians demanding an end to police brutality, extortion and extra judicial killings by the Special Anti-Robbery Squad, or SARS.
However, in a public statement signed by Assistant Director of corporate communications, Osita Nwansiobi, the Central Bank of Nigeria says it’s website www.cbn.gov.ng has not been breached by anyone, while asking that members of the online public should be wary of false news peddlers.
kindly donate to the work we do using our interim PAYPAL https://www.paypal.me/NewsWireNGR
- Ndoma-Egba tells hoodlums who broke into his house to return the robes of his late father who was a judge
- Lagos lawmaker says most young Nigerians are high on drugs in reaction to #EndSARS protest
- Cross River primary health care boss decries destruction of health centers
- Nigeria will ensure Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala emerges WTO DG; Federal Government vows
- Lagos Lawmaker says hoodlums hijacked #EndSARS protests because protesters gave them food
- Buhari says Nigeria’s economy too fragile for COVID-19 lockdown
- CBN releases guidelines for N75 billion youth investment fund
- #EndSARS: Did the Nigerian Government kill its citizens and tried to erase all the evidence?
- Former spokesman says Army used blank bullets in Lekki shooting; faults Amnesty International report
- Lagos schools to reopen November 2