Estimated Reading Time: 1
Anonymous Group of Hackers, hacks major websites and social media accounts owned by the Nigerian Government, Ministries, departments and agencies the group claims Friday.
NewsWireNGR noticed one of such agencies hacked is the National Broadcasting Commission – Nigeria’s Broadcast Industry Regulator. NBC…
Thousands of Nigerians continue to march across state capitals demanding an end to the Special Anti-Robbery Squad, or SARS, a police unit accused of extrajudicial killings and abuses.
Backing the protesters, the group, in a post published 9 hours ago as at the time of filling this story, reads, “We are the media, we are tired of SARS, but we are the mouthpiece of the government, no one deserves this brutality,”.
“What happened to people could also happen to our families, we are sorry for keeping mute and being anonymous – change begins with you and me – let’s put an end to these killings and make our country great again”. the statement reads.
In an address on Monday, Nigeria’s President Muhammadu Buhari said SARS officers responsible for wrongful acts would be brought to justice.
He said disbanding the unit was the first step to extensive police reforms to ensure the primary duty of police would be to protect lives and the livelihoods of people.
But the protests continued as the #EndSARS campaigners demanded the prosecution of all officers named in cases of rights abuses.
kindly donate to the work we do using our interim PAYPAL https://www.paypal.me/NewsWireNGR
- Anambra is in debt because we do not have someone like Peter Obi – Ozigbo
- Reconsidering Lagos State’s approach to the COVID-19 second wave
- 80-year-old, ward head and three others killed in bandits attack in Kaduna
- Bandits kidnap 17 persons in three communities in Niger State
- In Katsina, 21-year-old labourer, Abubakar Sani, dragged to court over alleged homosexual (rape) of an eight-year-old boy
- COVID-19: We have capacity to test 600 people daily – Governor Obaseki
- The Nigerian Government is selling properties to fund the 2021 budget – what happens after ?
- 2023: Fayemi is the most qualified presidential candidate from South-West – APC spokesperson declares
- Just In: FG says it is mandatory for foreign diplomats to obtain the National Identity Numbers
- Breaking: Ex-finance minister, Jubril Martins-Kuye is dead