Estimated Reading Time: 1
The National Lottery Trust Fund has built and handed over a fully equipped Coronavirus Isolation Centre, Daura to the Katsina State Government.
The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN), reports that the facility is located at the General Hospital, Daura.
Alhaji Bello Maigari, the Executive Secretary of the Fund, in a remark at the occasion, thanked the Katsina State government for the support that ensured the success of the project.
He expressed optimism that the facility would be useful in the fight against the disease and improve health care standard in Daura community and Katsina State.
He assured Gov. Aminu Masari that the people of Daura would continue to receive good health care services from the hospital with efforts intensified to make it a model.
In his remarks, Minister for Special Duties, George Akume said that government was worried by the dangers caused by the virus “especially the destruction of human lives and national economy”.
He urged people in leadership positions to wake up and start working actively and collaborate to contain the spread of the disease.
Also speaking, Masari thanked the lottery fund for the project, and expressed happiness that the state now had an additional medical facility.
He, however, prayed that no one would be admitted into the facility.
- The security situation in Nigeria today is beyond the APC – Nasarawa Governor cries out
- Reveal identities of the terrorists behind Jangebe schoolgirls abduction – ACF tells Matawalle
- Finally, 3.92 million COVID-19 vaccines arrive in Nigeria
- Buhari has declared Zamfara a no-fly zone
- Insecurity is the number one problem of Africa – Akinwunmi Adesina
- Breaking: Senate confirm appointment of new service chiefs
- Buhari, Osinbajo meet with National Security Council
- Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie’s mum is dead
- Just in: Thousands of residents trapped as Boko Haram insurgents take over Dikwa, Borno State
- Our abductors threatened to kill, fry, eat us – Jangebe schoolgirls