Estimated Reading Time: 1
A former Managing Director of Pipelines and Products Marketing Company, a subsidiary of Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation, Suleiman Achimugu, is reported to have died of Corona Virus.
He is officially recorded as the first patient to have died of the virus in Nigeria.
According to the announcement made on the Nigeria Centre For Disease Control’s official Twitter page, He was 67 years old and had returned home following medical treatment in UK
He had underlying medical conditions- multiple myeloma & diabetes & was undergoing chemotherapy.
He was said to have started exhibiting the symptoms of the virus on Tuesday and the case was reported to the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC) who took his blood specimen for a test.
He tested positive and was evacuated to the specialist hospital, Gwagwalada in Abuja but died while receiving treatment.
According to a source, his family members reportedly under quarantine in their house.
- I “cannot continue to be a member of a Political party that endangers” – Former APC Chairman resigns
- Adams Oshiomhole refers to Governor Obaseki as his “brother and friend” after the two met in Auchi
- In Lagos, Police vows to go after hoodlums and criminals in Lekki and Ajah areas
- Why Government must realize that digital currency is the future
- Breaking: APC pulls out of ongoing local government polls in Delta
- CBN Introduce incentives to diaspora remittances: Beneficiaries to get N5 for every USD received
- Breaking: In Kaduna, Gunmen storm Federal Airport Authority quarters, abduct staff, family members
- Buhari and Osinbajo get Vaccinated against COVID-19, when will poor Nigerians get theirs?
- “I won’t take any vaccine” – Governor Yahaya Bello has said Kogi state people are not “guinea pigs”
- I tested positive for COVID-19 – Obasanjo